Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koldfront Kraig

Snow?

10 posts in this topic

How much snow do you guys have on the ground now?

Not an official measurement and with the blowing it is difficult to be accurate but I would say that we received about 6" last Saturday and another 4" or so yesterday. So with that I'd say about 10" give or take here in the Osakis area.

Bob

Observers in Carlos reported to the National Weather Service in Chanhassen 10 inches on 12/1 snowfall. another 4-6 yesterday. some has drifted too. lake areas will have 1.5 to two feet drifted.

Thanks guys. cool.gif

I'm between Carlos & LP. We got about 8" on Saturday & another 5" yesterday, so a foot plus is pretty safe to say. I'm sick of it already. Wanted some for late season hunting, but not this much.

Wow, that much up there? Did it snow that much more or did I just underestimate what we got here. I didn't seem to have to move enough to suggest it snowed that much and looking across my plowed fields, a quite a bit was blown to the low ground and tree groves and yet it isn't really that deep. In fact, I have driven my ATV through my trees without dragging the rear gearbox. I have a solid rear axle so clearance is not great.

Bob

I think the farther North you got it got heavier fast. People that I work with & live North of Browerville said they got more. We don't think we could have made it out of our driveway with our car after Saturday, prior to plowing. I was in my woods with the ML Sunday night & it was well above my ankles on my big heavy lug boots.

North of the lake tends to get more weather, as opposed to on the East side, not sure where your place is.

Saturday night I drove (after fishing all day) from Osakis to Rose City. There shore was a lot more snow than 6 inches. My S10 Blazer was bottoming out on back roads that didn't have drifts on the way back to the farm. A lot more snow than the cities that is for sure.

That's where the drifting part comes into play. Yesterday we only got about 4" but there were drifts on my driveway over 2' deep. Look across the open fields and there isn't too much depth because it has all been blown into road ditches, low draws, and tree lines.

My place is just SE of Osakis on Hwy. 52 toward West Union.

Bob

Looks like 6 to 8 inches around Lobster. I stopped at a number of smaller lakes today, just to check ice and slush conditions, as we have family coming up this weekend. Most of the lakes have 5 plus inches around the shore and all had water on the ice under the snow cover. It just isn't looking good right now.