Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
juddH

Fishing, Riding

5 posts in this topic

How has the fishing been on BSL, and slabs CK and how thick is the ice? Also, has anyone been out snowmobiling? Any grooming going on in the park yet? Thanks,

I can give a partial update. My buddy talked to Willey's yesterday. 10" of snow and 4" more coming yesterday. Some more later this week also. Not sure if the trails are groomed but sounds like there is plenty for riding.

BSL's ice is weak due to the snow cover and improper freeze. Sleds are riding along the edges of the lake though, just to get around.

Here is what the DNR website for Savanna says...

10+ inches of snow on the ground this morning. Still trying to dig out. We should be out packing ski trails tommorrow. The snowmobile trails will most likely need to freeze down a little more before the Snowmobile Clubs can start to groom. The spruce bogs are still easily broken through with heavy equipment.

Thanks for the updates, looking forward to some good riding!

Quote:

How has the fishing been on BSL, and slabs CK and how thick is the ice? Also, has anyone been out snowmobiling? Any grooming going on in the park yet? Thanks,

We got 10" and 6" last night.We had 7"of ice on the lake.

We will have a nice group there this weekend.