Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeslayer18

Walleye/Pike techniques

3 posts in this topic

is their any specific techniques that anybody likes to use for walleyes or Pike?! im just looking to broaden my horizon on presentations and what not!

i like to check their bellies when i catch them, see what they are eating and try to put myself in areas where i think that type of bait fish is hanging out. like if they are eating small bluegills, a guy has to think they are not finding that type of baitfish in 25 feet with no structure. look to weed edges and areas like that. i think most of it is just being in the right place at the right time and giving them what they are looking for.

the lake i fish up north is a weed walleye lake and they will continue to use those deep weedlines in the winter as well because that's where the food is.

thanks for the info! yea the past couple years i have been right off a weed line in about 18 ft of water but its off and on... i have also tried rocks too and thats produced some fish for me!