Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Senko

boat flooring and etc.

3 posts in this topic

I just bought a 1977Aluminum mirror craft boat (my 1st boat) for $750 pretty cheap. im not sure if the outboard works but the guy that i bought it from says it works just fine and that it has been winterize. and turnin it over will damage it or sowahtever. i try turnin it over but not all the way and i can feel it almost starting so i guess thats good. ?? anyways the flooring is real bad and i was wanderin where would be a good place to get it replace just the wood part or if there is anywhere? the carpet, wiring and etc i can do. any help would help. thanks

the age of your boat means you will need to have it custom fit. they will charge more if they have to remove it before installing. to be honest if your doing all the wiring ect youd be better off doing it yourself with a Marine grade plywood. people might say it's not needed but mold can be a big problem without it. its expensive but thats what they need to use anyway and the mark up will be astronomical. 3/4'' or thicker for stability, might get by with 5/8 but thats as low as possible and not as sound. i'd bet you have 1/2 in ther right now and jugeing by the condition it's not marine grade. probly put in after market. if you won't have it long go with lighter stuff from menards and treat it with lots and lots of teak oil. doing it yourself will let you put wiring or whatever in it where you want it. but if your not woodwork inclined any marine service place that installs goodies for boats would do it i'm sure. you could just have them cut to fit with space for storage compartments or live well and fit it so you have easy access rod storage, battery compartments that fit battery boxes, the list will never end. just wait till you want a gps(never leave home without it). i paid 700 bucks for mine lol. your right though the boat is the cheap part. ahhh that first boat feelin'... nothin' like it. grin.gif oh yeah if you do it yourself... dont forget the vents smirk.gif

Thanks for the tips.. i appreciate it. i kant wait till spring..