Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Waylon&Willy

??Weekend FIshing??

7 posts in this topic

I have been planning to get out on the water this weekend, but do not want to freaze to death from falling through. I am aware that this latest snowfall really messed up some plans, but maybe the cold weather this week will allow for some decent ice still. Can someone tell me whether I should attempt to come up this weekend to get out on the ice, or is it just too dangerous?

I am looking for some ice reports for different sized bodies of water. I would not venture on to something like Woman yet, but how about Little Boy or Wabedo? If they are still too big, maybe Five Point, Hand, Webb???

Any accurate information would be Very Much Appreciated.

Thank you

Same here looking to come up when ice is in decent shape crazy.gif

I was up there last weekend hunting so I don't have much info for you, I did not see any body out on the lakes that I drove by but I was suprised to see Woman lake totally froze over, looks like there is a pressure ridge forming accross the lake in front of the main access on county road 5 just like last year. I am going up this weekend hunting again so I will pay more attention and talk to the locals and post next week.

you will be able to fish all the lakes you mentioned, but limited to where you can fish. 9 inches of snow on sat. and another five today has resulted in slush and water on lake. most lakes mentioned have 4 to 6 inches of good ice before snow.

i would be very careful, i fished up by talmoon last weekend and on sunday it looked like lakes full of old faithful with water oozing out all over the place. see ice/ fishing report on deer river forum.

I was in the area last weekend and ice fished 2 lakes. 4-5 inces of good ice in the smaller lakes and bays. The bigger parts of the lake are still unstable. Found 2.5-3 inches. With the snow on the ice water/slush was forming around the edges of the lakes.

My opinion is to stay off the big lakes and stick to the small bays/lakes for now. Ice picks a must!

seen one perm house on Woman lake but not much else, we had temps 20-30 below zero this past weekend so you would think that it should be making good ice, looks like pleasant lake has a pressure ridge forming accross the middle from what I could see from cty rd 45. any one got ice thickness reports?