Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croixeyes

We Didnt Need This

5 posts in this topic

Went down to Bayport this morning to check on conditions.NOT GOOD....There is not alot of deep snow on the river,but there was alot of slush out there.Most places that dont appear white with snow were spots of open water on Saturday morning.These are gonna be dangerous early ice spots unless they open back up and refreeze.Im not gonna bother going out there for at least one week,probably longer unless I see Lemming tracks going out and coming back.Be sensible out there people,there is gonna be plenty of time for fishing .

Listen to the man, people! Much as I like fish I like you people a whole lot better and there is no reason to die for a fish! Wait till conditions are better to get out there. There are a lot of lakes and rivers around even if you have to drive a bit to get to them. Better a few gallons of gas than a dip in the water this time of year. THINK SAFE! Stay Safe!

I got out on sun. hit Anderson's bay and had about 3 inches of ice. got one pike that went 26 inches and a few perch kept 1, also got a nice sized bass, so at least i got a meal out of it. I walked out to the bayport colony area and found about 1.5 inches of bad ice so i went back in the bay. it should be good on the main river in a few days with this cold snap. grin.gif

Has anyone been down to check around Anderson point recently? Thankfully the weather has been cooperating. I'm hoping to make it down to the river real soon. Might poke around tomorrow morning a bit.

LB

I went down and took a look at it today and you can still see the wet spots out in front of the beach. The entery way into Cyldes has open water still. i think it will be about anther week be fore we are out the if not longer.