Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waxworm

So who else went out in the storm?

8 posts in this topic

Went out mid afternoon, snow falling pretty steady, and the fish seemed pretty lazy. Marked plenty fish suspended about 5-8 feet off the bottom, but only one bite. Anyone else got a report for this stormy saturday?

I was out from 11 to 4:30 and the fish were going crazy. Got a bunch of nice crappies, some walleyes, a pike, and an 11" perch. Rock bass were the only thing I got on the deadstick, all others were on a sweedish pimple, and they were smacking it!! Didn't even have to work em on the Marcum as soon as they showed up they were on the hook.

You must have been on Little Rock?!?!?

I can speak for Pearl; the lake was pretty dead, at least for everyone I talked to. Apart from a giant largemouth that found my ratso interesting, I didn't have much action. I talked to others, all of whom had caught either zero or one fish. I don't know why, but Pearl was pretty dead, at least for me and the guys I talked to.

No, not Little Rock, although thats where I would normally be at first ice. Really can't give the lake over the internet either so there isn't 10,000 people out there tomorrow after the Vikes game when I go back. confused.gif The perms and wheelers sure were getting onto the lake as I was leaving, just hope they left me some room. smile.gif

What was the ice like on Pearl? Looking to get out there soon was my fav lake last year and by the looks of it out there many others to.

There were 5 solid inches. A few people were snowmobiling around out there, so I felt very safe. If you walk slowly and keep your eyes peeled, you can see the fishies swimming underneath you! Unfortunately for me and for everyone else out there last night, none of them were biting. I don't know why--maybe it was the weather--but I'm sure it'll turn around soon.

Carl

Haha so its the really clear ice huh? That stuff kinda scares the crap out of me at times, makes me feel like there nothing down there. Well with this cold weather were having should be drivin on there by xmas maybe???

Well I went back today and what a difference a day makes. Two and a half hours got one pike and one walleye. Both came on the bobber too. Marked quite a bit but they weren't interested. 7.5 inches of clear ice plus an inch of water on top after drilling. frown.gif