Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Waldowski

SNOW!!

17 posts in this topic

They're forecasting a foot or so for up here tomorrow.

Looks like a great time to break the sled out and do some early season riding. We have miles of trails right around the resort. Grab you sled and come on up. It would be a great time to check out the resort and see what we have to offer.

You are correct the snow will be great for sledding but what do you think it will do to the ice. The winds are going to be east and southeast this weekend. Is the lake frozen over yet? With the winds from the east is there a chance that those icebergs in front of our place would blow out or are we going to have to deal with those heaves all winter again?

Wish I could get there this weekend!!

Paul, How's next weekend for you?

I'll bring up the Chevy for you, and hopefully the snow will be around or the ice will be ready smile.gif

Kevin

Kevin,

That will work out great.

Snow is just starting to fall here, it's really coming down.

Glassguy,

The ice seems to be firmly entrenched. Guess we will just have to deal with the bergs and knock them down with the big plow smile.gif

Just started to snow here. We will see how much will pile up.

How much snow did you guys end up getting on Mille Lacs??

I heard Brainerd got 11"..

I'm a half hour south of Milly and got 9 inches.

I'm 20 miles south of Isle and we got 7".

We have 8-9 inches of snow up here on the east side.

I went out about 1/2 mile on the sled today and found 5 inches of ice.

Paul, I'm planning a trip next weekend to fish a fishable bay. Do you think I'll be walking or wheeling??? I have no problem walking, unless it's saft for the wheeler....

Good to hear! 5 inches of ice 1/2 mile out, I'll be up this weekend! Will be walking out though, I need the exercise anyways. The holidays are starting to gain on me, hopefully they are starting to gain on the walleyes and perch too. grin.gif

GoggleEye

Sandmannd and I will be up this weekend!!!! hopefully the fish are flying onto the ice!

I was up last weekend and saw a portable out in the middle of Sunset Bay on Sat. He was a walker. As windy as it was the snow seemed to stick and not drift as much as I had expected. If you are going out with a sled or wheeler this weekend, especially on the east side of the lake, be very careful. There are some ice heaves and ice chucks that will be hard to see with the new snow.

After today's snow, how much are we looking at out on the lake? 12"+??? I would have to assume things are a bit slushy...

Any info would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to bring the wife up this weekend and do some fishing on the SW part of the lake...prepping her for the conditions before we get there might make things more enjoyable for everyone grin.gif

we are supposed to get another storm this weekend!