Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
calli4120

Rush Lake Ice???

58 posts in this topic

Has anyone been out on rush lake yet?

One of my buddies said he might try to get out there on Saturday so if anyone has an update on the current conditions, it would be appreciated.

Adam

I herd today that on tues.there was 3 inches in the bay also some 24 inch eyes came out yesterday

What's the latest ice conditions? How much ice is there on West Rush?

Open, except for the little bay in Franzen park.

Keith

Anybody know how the snow affected the ice??

Just got in from the deep spot out from the western public access. About 3 inches of ice, several spots with lots of water on top of the ice.

jdndey,

did you do anyfishing?

I would like to get out there next weekend but dont know if that will happen or not.. how much snow is on top of the ice?

Ryan

Crappie man. Fished for a couple of hours, caught some small ones. I live in Shoreview as well, you get out ever to Owasso or Wabbasso? I have never tried them.

how many inches of ice is out there?

I would use extreme caution with the snow covering up the thin spots... You never know what is under you!

i just got back went probably 200 yards out of the public access drilled a good number of holes and found 3-6 inches in every spot, thats not to say there aren't very thin area's. I wore my ice picks out there I always feel a lot safer with those things on, and i would encourage everyone else to wear them as well when going out on this early ice,

i had some friends tell me that on the south side of the lake there was 5-7 on sunday but who knows what is in the middle

Bump.... We are planning on heading out there on Sunday. Anyone fish the bay right off the public landing lately? How much ice is out there? I would love to bring the wheeler out on Sunday, but won't if the ice is iffy....

i am heading up there for the first time for ice fishing this year and i am just gonna walk out there i am heading up saturday so ill tell everyone what i get and the ice conditions

but i heard that rush city 6 inch of snow last night and early this morning so i hope the ice holds up =/

As of yesterday, Rush Point store's website was reporting 4" by Cigar and 2 over by Wilson. It didn't say if it was the North or South end of Wilson. I know ice was a bit sketchy last winter on the South end of Wilson.

yeah i remember that right behind Wilson was pretty bad by the channel there

anyone heard any recent news on pokegama ice conditions? My friend and i would like to head up there saturday afternoon...Thanks,

Ryan

When I was heading to Rush last weekend the bait store in harris right off of 35 told me people were out on Pokegama, other than that haven't heard anything. You targeting crappies?

yup we will be going after some crappies out there.. we have a pretty decent little spot where we can usually limit out... i was hoping we could take out the wheeler but i dont know if that will be possible.. although the next few nights are supposed to be FRIGID!!! saturdays low in the heart of the cities is -8 which means up north it coul;d get down to 20-25 below!!! now that would be makin some serious ice.. looks like there is no 30's in sight in the 7 day forecast either!! shaping up to be a very good cold year even though we got the snow on the lakes a bit to early...

Later,

Ryan

Hey Crappieman....I have some decent spots on Pokegama as well, I grew up fishing it and have pulled some really nice crappies out of it, abeit it has been several years since they were sizable. Its a pretty easy lake to fish by looking at a depth map. Would be willing to swap spots with you thru email if you are interested.

i went out there today and i got a bout 20 crappies kinda slow but picked up later on

How much ice is out there East? West?

i went out of the access of west and right out in front there is about 7 inch. but go more south by crane there is 2-7 so be careful over there

Any new reports of the ice conditions? Wheelers or sleds common yet?

i was out there saturday and there was 1 wheeler out there and there was a spot i saw next to rushmore camp ground that a sled went threw...........