Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bass_Master1

Ponds in Rochester area

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys has anyone seen any ice on fosters or any ponds around the Rochester area? confused.gif

I was at foster today and not a sign of ice...kinda expected some but i suppose the ducks/geese aren't helping..i am new to the area and was wondering someone could give me some pointers for ice fishing the trout out there...i have a lake like this back home and we usually hit the deep water with corn or waxies but i noticed this fall alot of people were using minnows and powerbait in the shallows...whats the proper strategy? can you use two rods or just one on the ice?

You can use 2 rods ice fishing.

yea as much as u want just dont get caught ha ha jk!

yea but waxies, nightcrawlers if there are any left,crappie minnows for the crappies of course umm, fat heads for the walleye yea pretty much that? idk really anymore that i have fished with

k thanks, i had heard that ice fishing stream trout you could use only one i didnt know if it was different here like the other regs...

See post in Foster thread in regards to regulations.