Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tour. Pro 175

Found Hand Held GPS

7 posts in this topic

Last weekend while participating in the Jay Cooke muzzleloader deer hunt I found a hand held GPS unit.

Whoever lost it has his home as a waypoint.

I would like to find this person without having to drive to his house, I will if I have to. My question is does anyone

know of a website that I can punch in GPS coordinates to find a address? From the maping info in this unit he lives near 1512 Tonto St. NW. Champlin Mn.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think if you use the google earth mapping features and enter the GPS coordinates they give an address.

The other thing to try would be to contact FM's own JNelson. He's a GIS/GPS expert. Email him at Joel@FishingMinnesota.com

Once you've got some locations try some phone calls from a reverse lookup. That person is going to be very glad they put home into their GPS and that you are such a good Samaritan.

Thanks for the help! The email is on the way.

I just wanted to let everyone know, I was able to locate the gentleman that lost the GPS unit.

Arrangements have been made for it's return.

Thank you to the guys that offered suggestions to help.

The world needs more honest people like you. I'm sure the guy was very grateful, or at least he should be!

VERY COOL..... I'm sure DUDE was shocked to learn his lost toy was being returned! Good job!