Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
otterman911

Ice on the pine lakes?

6 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone knows if big pine has froze over yet by the toad river on the north side. A friend of mine told me that it was as of tuesday, but he likes to strech the truth. Wanted to get out this weekend.

yes, people will likely be putting houses out this weekend if they haven't put them out already

Was out on big pine last weekend, the north side had about five inches. After the snow on saturday we had the same problems everyone else is having with the flooding in the house. Fishing was ok, couple walleyes and crappies. I will give it a shot again this weekend.

Any updates on the ice on Little Pine?

Was out on the north side just after Christmas. Still a bit slushy by shore. Out a bit there seemed to be 2 inches of bad ice on top of 10 inches of good ice. The amount of good ice seemed to vary depending on how much snow was on top. ATVs and snowmobiles were out. A few pickups were parked on the ice near the shore.

Fishing was slow for me.

Thanks Smokey.