Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AceintheHole

Prior Lake (Paridise Cove)

9 posts in this topic

I'm hoping to make it out there this weekend, its the first spot i go every year. Just wondering if there is anybody else that would like to go (Buddy system have to be very carefull ths time of year) also depends on the wife you know how they are and depending on the ice thickness hoping for at least 3to4". I think we should have that by the weekend.

Is Paradise Cove the area by the island that turns into a fishing village in the winter? That area is all open water right now.

It's the small bay in between the harbor and nacys cove its shallow except for a 15' to 16' hole in the front half. Excellent early fishing you can pretty much catch anything in there at early ice till the first of the year. Lots of spear houses out there to early.

As of Noon today (Tuesday)it was open water.

Might have to rethink my plans but you never know last year was the same thing open water early in the week and 8" by sunday

My boss lives close to it, and I asked him the same question. He said mostly open water in Paradise cove, but the small bay leading off of it is covered.

The cove was all locked up as of Friday afternoon. The ice sure looked choppy though. The ice stopped right at the channel. Probably would be better off if it was still open until the snow passes.

Was out to check paradise bay with crappieflop1212 tonight. The bay is all frozen over, but it is tough to tell what the ice looks like with all of the snow on it. It has been locked up for a couple of days now, but who knows what the snow will do to the ice. Didn't see any tracks out on to the bay yet, but I would assume people will start to check the ice soon out there. If anyone gets out there in the next couple of days, please post. Would like to get out there by the middle of next week if possible. We checked Sand point too and it looked like the whole main part of the lake was frozen over. Plenty of other tracks in the snow down there from others checking the ice. Lets hope we can get out there this week!

Checked it today found 3-6" but there are still some slush pockets might try to make it out there tomorrow try fishing the shore line 5-8' just to play it safe but I'm sre its OK still need to be very care yet.