Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nate larson

Foster's trout stocking...any change this winter?

16 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the flood damage to the Crystal Spring's fish hatchey will impact the stocking on Foster's this winter? Just curious... Any info would be appreciated.

PS...I just drove by the lake and it is still WIDE open. Bummer. Hopefully it will lock up soon.

I'd hate to say that I know for a fact that Foster's has been stocked, so...

I'm not sure.

wink.gif

diddo

Nate for as many geese as there have been down there lately i wouldnt put much hope in havin ice for quite a while on it

Nate- Lets hit up Foster's together when we get good ice. It'd be nice to have someone there for safety reasons, and also as you know I need somebody to pick up my gear for me too. grin.gif

Sounds like a plan. Hopefully it will be sooner than later. smile.gif

PS...From now on I am charging a finder's fee for anything left on the ice. shocked.gif

From what i hear pre ice is good too wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

At least it was last week...dunno about now

Just an update on the regulations at Foster as some questions have been raised in other threads.

This information is from the MN DNR.

FOSTER AREND LAKE (Olmsted County) trout: Continuous season. Possession limit three with One over 16".

-A valid MN trout stamp is required to possess trout

-2 lines are allowed for angling through the ice

-Live bait is allowed

As sportsmen/sportswomen, we need to help educate anglers this winter who may be unaware of the regulations. Some people believe you can keep 5 trout, similar to the stream regulations. Others ignore the 1 fish over 16" restriction. By letting people know what the rules are, many more people can enjoy the fishery.

As a side note, bring your camera so when you land a big one you can take a quick photo and dump it back down the hole.

Good fishing and be safe on the ice!

Quote:

Just an update on the regulations at Foster as some questions have been raised in other threads.

FOSTER AREND LAKE (Olmsted County) trout: Continuous season. Possession limit three with One over 16".

-Live bait is allowed

As sportsmen/sportswomen, we need to help educate anglers this winter who may be unaware of the regulations. Some people believe you can keep 5 trout, similar to the stream regulations. Others ignore the 1 fish over 16" restriction. By letting people know what the rules are, many more people can enjoy the fishery.

As a side note, bring your camera so when you land a big one you can take a quick photo and dump it back down the hole.

Great info for everybody Rugby. Thanks.

So what are the regulations about keeping fish?

"some people believe...." implies that the truth is somewhat different. Yeah, I could go to the dnr web site and read the regs but reading is hard.

Quote:

Quote:

-Live bait is allowed

Great info for everybody Rugby. Thanks.

OOps. sorry, clearly need to work on my reading skillz.

Thanks.

Ok since I fish foster 3 to 5 days a week I can tell you that so far that stocking has not been hampered.The first stocking happened toward the end of sept. It included quite a few large rainbows over 20 inches.Then the last stocking happened just before Thanksgiving and they released a bunch of brood stock Browns.I have caught 4 ,but all were on artificials.The stocking has been better than ever.So hats off to our friends at the hatchery.This is a wonderful thing we have here in Rochester. I am not one to usually fish with lures,but seeing big browns hit a top water bait is exciting,even when they miss.

thanks reel man for the good info. man that would be sweet to pull a 20 incher up the ice. now you got me all excited. do you think foster will be locked up by next weekend?

I think that will depend on the goose situation.

More geese=more open water.