Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
woodman

Weather has turned

woodman    0
woodman

Well as of right now I can not see the end of my driveway due to a total white out. Man it is snowing and blowing like crazy, had some deer in the yard that we were watching and as soon as the wind hit poof they were gone! shocked.gif

Sure glad I put the plow on tonight, the weather man was right this time. Hopefully the wind will not affect the lakes that have ice on them, we all now how that can make a mess of thin ice!

Have to go to bed so I can work (play) in the early am with the 4wheeler plo shocked.gif! grin.gif

Chad Halvorson    0
Chad Halvorson

Hey Scott, we got about 3" over here, its about zero degrees out right now too. I think this might mess with some of the smaller lakes, which is too bad. Hopefully not.

By the way it will be later in the week when I stop by, kinda got busy as Im sure you can imagine.

cluelessfisherman    5
cluelessfisherman

Well I think the wind helped blow off the snow on most of the lakes - even the smaller ones, it was a pretty light snow. Lets just hope we get a good stretch of cold before any major snow now and things should look good. I know theres snow in the forecast again for tonight and tomorrow... hmm

sparkydm    0
sparkydm

hey thanks guys for the updates! looking forward to coming up soon. laugh.gif

Chris Haley    108
Chris Haley

Bemidji is froze over!!! I can not remember a time when the whole lake froze in one shot. But it did last night. It's still -3 right now so it's makin' ice.

big drift    0
big drift

Chris you actually gonna go out on the ice this year smirk.gif

Let us know we are putting the big house out...

papabear    0
papabear

So what are the predictions for getting houses out? Im hoping for christmas break. My kid is getting exited about spending christmas break fishing. She has never had that experience.

cluelessfisherman    5
cluelessfisherman

If things stay the way they are without much snowfall, houses will be going up real soon.

Guys fishing both Irving and Turtle this evening!

I checked out a little local lake and found anywhere from 3 to about 4.5" already!!

Matt Breuer    8
Matt Breuer

I would guess you'll be able to pull light houses out over X-Mas break.

I can't remember not having clients out in the sleepers the week of New Years!

Chris Haley    108
Chris Haley

Soon as I can figure out how to back troll!! grin.gif

Blaze    0
Blaze

I hear Lk Bemidji is open again due to the wind? Is that true?

Chris Haley    108
Chris Haley

Spots are. I'm sure a line of spear houses WILL be set up along the pines Sat morning though.

swedishpimple    0
swedishpimple

The far North end of Bemidji was wide open at 1:00 P.M. today...being Thursday. Most of the lake is frozen, it froze over Tuesday morning/afternoon. My office is on the south end of the lake....I expect to see guys walking out there tomorrow afternoon. I have no idea hos thick the ice is...but it looks nice and clear and the cracks look thick.