Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woodman

Weather has turned

13 posts in this topic

Well as of right now I can not see the end of my driveway due to a total white out. Man it is snowing and blowing like crazy, had some deer in the yard that we were watching and as soon as the wind hit poof they were gone! shocked.gif

Sure glad I put the plow on tonight, the weather man was right this time. Hopefully the wind will not affect the lakes that have ice on them, we all now how that can make a mess of thin ice!

Have to go to bed so I can work (play) in the early am with the 4wheeler plo shocked.gif! grin.gif

Hey Scott, we got about 3" over here, its about zero degrees out right now too. I think this might mess with some of the smaller lakes, which is too bad. Hopefully not.

By the way it will be later in the week when I stop by, kinda got busy as Im sure you can imagine.

Well I think the wind helped blow off the snow on most of the lakes - even the smaller ones, it was a pretty light snow. Lets just hope we get a good stretch of cold before any major snow now and things should look good. I know theres snow in the forecast again for tonight and tomorrow... hmm

hey thanks guys for the updates! looking forward to coming up soon. laugh.gif

Bemidji is froze over!!! I can not remember a time when the whole lake froze in one shot. But it did last night. It's still -3 right now so it's makin' ice.

Chris you actually gonna go out on the ice this year smirk.gif

Let us know we are putting the big house out...

So what are the predictions for getting houses out? Im hoping for christmas break. My kid is getting exited about spending christmas break fishing. She has never had that experience.

If things stay the way they are without much snowfall, houses will be going up real soon.

Guys fishing both Irving and Turtle this evening!

I checked out a little local lake and found anywhere from 3 to about 4.5" already!!

I would guess you'll be able to pull light houses out over X-Mas break.

I can't remember not having clients out in the sleepers the week of New Years!

Soon as I can figure out how to back troll!! grin.gif

I hear Lk Bemidji is open again due to the wind? Is that true?

Spots are. I'm sure a line of spear houses WILL be set up along the pines Sat morning though.

The far North end of Bemidji was wide open at 1:00 P.M. today...being Thursday. Most of the lake is frozen, it froze over Tuesday morning/afternoon. My office is on the south end of the lake....I expect to see guys walking out there tomorrow afternoon. I have no idea hos thick the ice is...but it looks nice and clear and the cracks look thick.