Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turk

What's happening?

4 posts in this topic

I've been chasing deer during the WI nine day hunt, what's going on down at the river? Sunday would have been down right great to fish with that warm weather - prime to jig.

Keep Catchin'

Turk

Croixeyes was kind enough to show me some spots south of Afton Sunday morning. The wind was pretty stiff, blew us around quite a bit. Tough to fish many spots for too long, especially vertically. He got three around Kinni early, bounced back up the river and found fish here and there, none too active. I got a teeny tiny silver after noon, came up blind otherwise. Had a good time fishing with Croixeyes, thanks for the good time and priceless tips!

I went out for a couple of hours early this morning, picked up one sauger, a couple crappie around Bayport. I believe that will be my last trip in boat for the 07 season for me. Can't wait until spring!

LB

Many thanks to you Blueroof for taking a now boatless fisherman out fishing.I just laid my boat to rest this afternoon,Im sure she will wake up again around april to once again ply the waters of the Croix.By the sounds of the forecast we may be seeing some ice by weekend,I wouldnt be thinking of walking out there though for at least a couple weekends.Water temps down further south on the Croix are warm enough to keep the ice off for a little longer though.We found 41ish around the kinni and 37ish in the Hudson area.

hi guys........ long time lurker, first time poster. Brought my boat down from Stillwater Sunday morning. Had to break ice from Sunnyside to almost the high wire lines. Attempted to fish around Bayport, however the wind made boat control all but impossible. Trailered the boat from the ramp at Bayport and put the boat away for the season on Tuesday. Good luck this winter and will be looking forward to the spring opener on the river.