Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

ICE REPORT 2007-2008

41 posts in this topic

Please place ice reports here over the winter!!

Thanks all!!

Actually, a better place would be to check HERE.

lets keep em here for our area!!! saw that marion was covered yesterday afternoon, won't last but still exciting to see!!

ya its getting close to that time of year. i hope we start to get ice day in and day out. Have to get out there for spearing.

I heard that swan was froze over and so was jennie? Any word on that.

Are any local lakes completley iced over?? If the skim ice that was on them has stayed on til now, I would think we will be fishing this weekend!! Any ice reports??? Allie, marion, preston, etc.

Marion had ice last Friday but also had some water here and there. That was before the wind and the 45+ degree temps, so you can figure it out from there. frown.gif

2 3/4" on Washington shores. Only went about 50 yards out. I need to learn to take my dock out in October cuz man that was brutal. Kept a couple chunks of ice for the freezer so I can prove how stupid I was grin.gif

thanks for the information. How is stella, Minnie Belle, them lakes all looking?

Without even looking, I can almost guarentee that MB is still open. Usually the last one to go. It was too dark last night to notice Stella last night, but I assume the middle is wide open over the 70 foot hole.

Checked out Marion, Allie and Preston late this afternoon. Found pockets of open water on each lake. The few spots I checked near the shorelines seemed to have a very solid 1-2 inches. They are talking extremely windy tomorrow which is not good at all. If you find a lake that is completley iced over as of today you will be on the ice this weekend(let me know laugh.gif) I cant wait too much longer!

ya that wind is not going to help at all. I would be pressed to believe that we wont have 2-3 inches by saturday morning?

What everyone else think?

Mid teens and somewhat calm last night. Sounds like real windy starting around dinner time today? Hopefully everything is locked tight! I am planning on going this weekend...somewhere?

It was blowing pretty good last night up until midnight and it's going to blow even worse today. Might be tight to get out there this weekend yet.

marion is almost froze over..im gettin excited and ready to get out there..

Washington looked to be completely frozen over and Stella was wide open yet.

Saw portable on that little lake by Darwin Rod and Gun Club this afternoon. shocked.gif

its getting there. I think we are going to have close to 2-3 inches on the lake by this weekend.

What does everyone else think?

Guys are fishing all over. Depending on what lake your on, about 3-4 inches of ice is out there.

what lakes have 3-4 inches on them?

Where are all these guys fishing?? I was to marion allie and preston on tuesday afternoon and all had alot of open spots yet. Maybe willie, greenleaf?? erie? Jennie?

ps.. Clear Lake by my home here has around 5 inches of clear solid ice. With some scattered open areas as well.

I don't think that any lakes around here are completely covered with 3-4" (besides maybe Addie) there are spots on lakes that have that 3-4 but this wind is really causing havoc. Now east wind for tomorrow after the Northwesterly for the past few days.....this just isn't going the way I would like to see it wink.gif

GOVERNOR, What are you doing out on lake Addie? I knew you had a secret spot you must be fishing behind the island so I can't see your house.

I dont really know where people would be fishing. Just got back from a cruise and found open water on Preston, Allie, Willie, Greenleaf, Belle, and Marion. Maybe further north people are fishing?. Me and a buddy are planning on going to a lake in the Willmar area tomorrow......maybe

I am looking at a lake in willmar right now and there are the same crappy spots around here as well. I don't know what the deal is this year if the water is circulating enough under the ice from the wind conditions and that is what is making these "streams" between the ice chuncks.......I know we don't need 6-12" of snow to compound the problem.