Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason Durham

Ice

4 posts in this topic

Checked out several lakes today and heard of a few anglers that actually ventured out on the ice. Stopped in at Delaney's and they said a couple went out but when they drilled holes the water flooded the ice. Too early for me yet!

The arms of Potato are iced, but the access is wide open, I'll be out there in the boat tomorrow morning.

Fishhook has ice around the edge, but the majority is open. Twin and Howe on the way to Detroit Lakes were frozen, but Toad was open. Lake George was half-frozen yesterday morning, but with the cold night it should be shut. Paine was enclosed. I hope everyone uses common sense when going out and makes sure they're safe-

I checked south twin (Menhaga) yesterday and there was 2 inches of ice about as far out as i wanted to venture. A couple of good cold nights and it'll be good to go smile.gif

JD- Thanks for the report.

From the weatherunderground site..."Rest of Tonight (11-26-07)

Areas of blowing snow in the evening. Mostly cloudy with light snow in the evening...then partly cloudy with chance of light snow after midnight. Partly cloudy early in the morning. New snow accumulation around 1 inch. Lows zero to 5 above. Northwest winds around 15 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent."

No ice is SAFE!

mm

It's 5:30 a.m. and my thermometer says 8-below. SWEET! Those winds were howling last night as the cold front came in, but those small to medium sized lakes are close to ready.

I fished Potato last Saturday in the boat and water temps were 35-37.5.

NoDak, shouldn't you be changing your name to Ifalls? I envy you, Rainy Lake in your backyard!