Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walli1

24th -- 25th weekend!

16 posts in this topic

Well its that time again, boat is ready to go, my buddy will be at my house at 6am and should be on the river by 6:30, really looking forward to getting out again this weekend,hopefully the fish will be active,full moon weekend, everything is a go! Anyone else heading out? see you on the water!

I just may have a few hours free this weekend to test your hand warmers on the rod trick. I bought a few to try it since I HATE fishing with gloves! I drive a 14 foot duck pattern grumman with a Yamaha 30horse. Good luck to all, sundays shaping up to be shorts weather, 46 degrees! grin.gif(well not really shorts per say)

Joe

For those of you guys going hunting this weekend, here's one taken today out my patio door this morning, photo just doesn't do this big guy justice!

PICT0333.jpg

Hey can I hunt on your patio? cool.gif

I'll be out with the smokepole in the a.m....I'll pray for a full livewell for ya if you pray for a buck like that to stroll by me!

Good luck out there tomorrow and be safe, gonna be chilly.

Hey if I was able to bowhunt in my back yard, I would of had a close up of that buck cause I'd of been holding his antlers! My the good Lord bless you with a harvest and memories that last a life time, stay safe out there Stratosman and others out this weekend enjoying Gods great outdoors!

Got out onthe river around 6:30 first area tried one mudd puppy freaky things, second area blank, third area one walleye, miss several, fourth area one striper. not a very good day out there for me today, I did however put a walleye in the boat so I can at least say I've had a walleye in the boat everytime out since spring opener!

What kind of depths were you working today?Did you happen to get up passed the kinni at all?

15'-38 up and down steep drops mark lots of fish just weren't active, no I never went past the kinni only went as far as the bluffs park, lots of fish in that area just couldn't get them to bite! Tried 4 different color jigs, several different gulp colors and fatheads on lindys the only walleye came on a gulp minnow and white jig

Dumb question, is the bluffs frozen over? I may go out tommmorow, but would be upset if i get there and I have to break ice.

I would guess that there would be some ice in the launch area. I wouldn't pick that launch with a glass boat. Hopefully somebody with first hand info can chime in...

LB

The bluffs launch is fine its warm enough yet so there's no much icing, helpful tip bring a bucket of sand just encase you need to though in down! Big Jeff and I will be out in the morning plan on fishing from 7-3, see you on the water!

No shutout is a good thing... I thought it was just me that was jinxing you.... wink.gif

walli1, looks like the buck I've got in my back yard!!! I've got a nice 10 pointer that's sporting 10 inch G2's and 8 inch G3's. There's also 2 trash rack 6 pointers as well walking around. If only. Sandmannd and I were getting ready to go hunting during opening weekend and I was putting my stuff outside, when I'm letting the dog out to do her thing and she freezes up. I've got my gun cased in my hand, and go to see why she froze up, only to see the 10 pointer standing at 20 yards giving me a broadside shot. I was not the happiest person at that time.......

2007 will no doubt go down as one of the top years on the river for the amount of eyes I boated, 2003 for the most C&R by far. This year caught quite a bunch of C&R but only a handful over 24" with the largest being 28 1/2", next year is going to be great all those 12-14" will be legals, can't wait but hey I'm going out in the morning, see you on the water!

Well met up with big Jeff this morning, he was running late but it was worth the wait, what a nice guy and he even puts some saugers in the boat, mark alot of fish today but getting them to bite was the hard thing, Jeff put 3 nice ones in the box where as I just ran the boat, I did catch one small sauger, striper and 5 perch but it was fun, heres big Jeffs 19" sauger

PICT0335.jpg

I think your still graphing carp and suckers.... tongue.gifwink.gif