Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HonkerDown

Sand Lake

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys gonna be up on sand lake over the christmas holiday never fished there is there good ice fishing or not dont hear alot about the lake in the winter. An advice on where to go or even other lakes would be greatly appreciated.

to be honest with you honker, I have never fished sand lake.

I do know it's a great lake for walleyes n the fall.

I can also tell you it's connected to bowstring and that lake can be hot as a firecracker in the winter.

I'd say get out and work the structure during the obvious times of day to fish and if that fails, bowstring is right across the road wink.gif

ask the locals or baitshop owners for any tips on that lake, or just watch here. I'm sure Jason will chime in. he's pretty darned knowledgeable. he'll steer you in the right direction.

good luck!

Which sand lake are you talking about?

oh yeah, I guess i shoulda asked that too. the other one I know of doesnt get fished alot compared to the one near bowstring.

I just assumed crazy.gif

Not to hi-jack this post, but hey jigglestick is there any "flying liver" on the lake across from ya'? I'm hoping for 1 more duck hunt this Tuesday and it sounds like everything is frozen or near frozen up. Thinking of putting in at the beach and going out to the small island.

Thanks,

Brian

had flying liver for thanksgiving dinner today at my moms, good stuff.

sorry should been more clear yes the sand lake by bowstring, and advice would be greatly appreciated, we usually go out on winnie but are looking for a change. thanks in advance.

Brian, I have been watching, but not seen many. I saw one to the left, and two in front of the area you are talking about.

I could go down there and watch a morning flight this week.

I still have my bag of divers out, but not sure if the lines are long enough for there. they used to be but...well thats another story.

they probably wont come down until after season mad.gif

sometimes we get lucky.

Thanks jigglestick! Tuesday is the last day for duck season. I've got a few tips on a couple other spots that are holding birds. Can't scout tomorrow, so I'll put some miles on Tuesday AM and see what I find. Hopefully there's a prime drake goldeneye for the wall out there with my name on it! grin.gif

Brian

the only fish I have fished there is perch in the winter the rock points and islands in the east bay by islandview is good I know there is some nice crappie and sunnies in there but I havent had time to target them lots of structure lots of places to fish

Jason

Any of you guys ever target eyes on this lake in the winter? I tried once, no success, but have always wondered if it's a good winter lake

Have done ok at times during winter last 2 hours of daylight.