Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bturck

Kelly P..A question if you have a moment????

5 posts in this topic

I just finished On The Trail and my question is how are you related to Fred? Was he your father, grandfather? i thought this was a great read depicting the life of those who settled your great area of the State and bestowiing just a valuable piece of history on us. It is very well written and the old pictures are truly inspiring as to how people lived and worked looong before the age of all the toys we enjoy today. I would recommend this book to anyone. Thanks Bill Turck

PS Labs4Me: Once again my sincere thanks to you for taking the time to pick up this book during your travels and getting it to me. I hope you also recieved my check. Thanks again.

Fred was my Grandfather, he lead an interesting life. Adventurist or irresponsible? confused.gifgrin.gif One fall he went to the Dakota's, Texas and Michigan looking for work and ended up in Canada netting fish. All in a few weeks with no money or motor vehicle. Anytime life seems to be too tough all we have to do is look back at that time and realize how easy we have it now.

Kelly, thanks for the info. You are so right in your assessment of our problems. Seem pretty small in comparison to what these folks went through. The bog area that is referred to is that the area north of Red Lake, west of 72 that runs all the way to Baudette? I go through your area 4-5 times a year on the way to Lake of Woods. that area north and west looks like some pretty crazy country to navigate. Thanks again for answering the questions. Have a Great Holiday. Bill

Hey Bill,

Chris Pinkert here. Just getting into this site and noticed you were on here as well. You should let me know when you're gonna be up at Mille Lacs or Red this winter. I will probably be on one of the two most weekends this winter, thought we could grab a beer.

Let me know.

-Chris

Hey Chris, how are you? Its been a long time since the old hockey days. We'll have to try and hook up someplace. Bill