Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montana49er

Lowrance ice fishfinder

5 posts in this topic

I have not seen this much. If anyone has info on it or how good they work. Thanks Josh

Are you talking about the X67c and M68c, or the new 522c?

I have an X67c and it's the bee's knees.

I have the same question. I have a 102c in my boat. Lowrance has an ice fishing package for this unit for $175.00. Should I buy it and save $200.00 over a Vex, or should I go with the Vex?

Both Marcum and Vexilar have very affordable and very functional ice packages for around $250. I would check with Matt or Pat at Thorne Brothers on which one could fit your budget.

You can certainly make use of your summer electronics in the winter, but often you're putting those units in situations where they may not perform as well as a flasher or may be prone to damage through the abuse of winter fishing and conditions.

I used a 102c for ice fishing last year - worked great and since it is the same screen as the x67c/68c only larger it can handle the cold just fine. All you need to buy is the ice transducer and a power cord as well as the battery so you don't need to spend $175, more like $115.