Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Holm

Cat Surprise (2 pics)

5 posts in this topic

Crazyice and I sniffed around on Lake Zumbro for a couple other/alternative catfish holes, but nothing was going, so we went back to our old faithful spot (last 3 trips anyways).

Right out of the gates crazy jumps out to 4-0 fish lead on me. Lots of puzzling games these fish play with us. I redeemed myself by tying the score with this one

27.25” 9lb – 0oz Channel Cafish.

ty_cat3.jpg

Crazy got his revenge a few fish later with a bruiser. An amateur net job later (I missed it twice) he landed a blubbery …

29” 13lb 0oz (19" girth) Channel Cafish.

andy_cat4.jpg

A few key notes. The bite is SOFT! All you might get is a small rod tap, or a line bounce. I think we might have heard 2 clickers all night and I don’t even think we caught those fish (maybe 1). Many fish were missed, or weren’t there at all when we picked up the rod. A snug anchor job is a must for these light bitters.

All in all, it was a surprisingly great day of catfishing. 13 cats came to the boat (I won the tally with 7). 4 breached 7lbs.

As always, CPR (Catch, Photograph, & Release) was practiced!

Good to see people are still cattin' out there this late in the year! cool.gif

Nice kitties guys

Quote:

Good to see people are still cattin' out there this late in the year!
cool.gif

Oh, it's gonna go all year long baby! We are fishing now to try to pin down some spost for ice season!

Mighta made our last open water catting trip last night. Broke a bunch of ice up on the Zumbro. Some as thick as .5"

It was a slow night and we had ice problems. Ice sheets traveling downstream would grab our lines and drag then constantly. Another 1st.

We got 4 last night with the largest going 26"

ty_cat2.jpg