• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

11-17 report

Stratosman

Wow it was chilly out there. Had the ice armor bibs on and glad I did. Talked to two guys at the Bluffs who only boated one crappie so I was a bit less optimistic than usual...Got on the water about 11:30, started trolling lead core to no avail. Tried jiggin some fish that I was marking but after a few light taps I figured they were whities anyway. Switched to a 3-way with a glass perch husky jerk and got two 20" saugs within 15 minutes, both released. Kept working that area and ended up boating about 12 or so between 12"-17" Put 4 in storage and tossed the rest. Left the about 4:00 or so. Speed was between .6 and 1.3 mph with the 3-way. Depth was between 17-22 feet and water temp was 42 (I think)...sand.

Hopefully one more time....... grin.gif

what was depth of temp readings? years ago i got some info on what depth is no longer surface temps in slow to still waters. been so long since i had it that i aint sure anymore... anyone know? i think it was 9 or 10 feet but it's cloudy and full of cobwebs in my brain. in current is different. and wind and waves is different too. if you were reading surface temps at 42 that works out because 35-38 was true water temps at stillwater bridge all day. will be shore fishing tommorow. if you see a cold guy blush.gif on shore please give him some coffee or stop by he might not be out of coffee yet grin.gif see ya on the water in Stillwater or across, cool.gif gl.

That was me with the one crappie. Only tried jigging, really not tried trolling/drifting, might have to reconsider......

Oh hey sparky... yeah I couldn't get squat on jigs this time or the last time either. Ditched that method right quick though and it worked out. Nice boat by the way.

bigfish that was surface temp...

Just the opposite, jigging was the ticket for me today. Started out trolling and nothing. Switched to jigging 3" Gulp! minnows and bingo! I decided to go with a pole in each hand to see just how busy I could get. First spot was mostly saugers ranging from 12" to 20", most on the short end though. Fish were on drop 18' to 22'. Slowed down there so I switched locations. This next spot was all walleyes, no saugers. Same depth but a smaller piece of structure. Big whities were mixed in too which kept the two lines busy. All eyes were 16 to 18"ers. No vertical jigging, just jigging on the move weaving along drops .5 to .7 mph. Fish were smakin the Gulp! pretty hard! Jig head weight was 3/8 ounces. Didn't keep any today but just found out that I am in charge of putting together a meal for the in-laws next weekend so, shoot, it looks like I have to go out tomorrow and throw a few in the box! I will be putting in out of the Bluffs launch again in the morning. I will be the black Tuffy, maybe I will be able to put a name or two with a face.

Black Tuffy working two rods, I saw ya then near Prescott, you starting working the same area as me and a couple others. I was trolling lead core at the time in the white/tan almacraft tiller wearing the blaze orange hat.

Get much action on that breakline?

Stratosman,

I remember seeing you as I came out from the bridge. I had already hit areas along that break. I was actually the first one there in the morning. Things had slowed down so I ventured down to where the rivers meet, but came back up shortly after for a last pass or two before heading up river.