Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wanger29

Austin Bait Shop!

6 posts in this topic

In a couple weeks Dale,out at Aquatic Pets in Austin, will be selling minnows! He's located between Trimbles & Echo lanes. Sounds like fattys & crappie minnows. He's currently getting all things ready. Should be good to go right before 1st ice.

Ok Wanger, ill take 4doz shiners, 3 doz crappie,2 doz female fatheads and a 12pk. I suppose ya went to the river today?

good someone starting one up we dont have any baitshops in albert lea anymore they r all closed up for good coles wont be open till next spring.

I stopped into Dale's tonight and it appears he's got his bait shop up & running. Had plenty of minnows, good to see. I hope I'll be able to use some shortly!!!

what street is the new shop on, How far is it from jennings scrap yard, is the new shop on the same road as the scrape yrd. hows the ice anywheres.

You should be able to see it from Jennings. Just down the road 1/4 mile on opposite side of road. That is if going towards bowling alley. I've already been there several times.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• otterman91105
      Hey guys heading up to the canadian side in a few weeks just wondering when fishing over rocks what works better 1/4 or 3/8 for jigs to stay out of the rocks?
    • ANYFISH2
      7/20 day 6 Today was was the feast day. Spending most of the day hanging on shore visiting and eating the weeks catch of fish for lunch and burgers and salads for supper.  Some water time for the kids and the wife.  Avas' parents also drive up to spend the evening around the fire.  It was quite the family affair.   Fishing today was targeted towards finding the big panfish for my folks to catch.  This plan was an utter failure.  Both boats out this evening and no one could find the panfish!  Frustrating to say the least. I decided late in the evening to go back after walleyes to try and put the folks on some fish.  I ended up boating only 1 northern 20", Dad landed a 18", 17", and 14" walleye, while mom boated a 14" walleye, and 2, 8" bluegills.  Not bad for a fall back plan the last hour and a half.   7/21 day 7   Today was a day to say goodby to My folks and the borther and sister inlaw.  As well as to start to sad action of packing up and being ready for our trip back home early the next morning. Our late afternoon was interupted by a nice strong thunderstorm that would rattle cabins, dump a ton rain, and light a couple of trees on fire around the lake from lightning strikes!  Also leaving us without power for 7 hrs.  It was a good storm. With the kids off to a movie, and the in laws on shore with boat.  It was just me off to lake for one last fishing outing after the storm.  With only a little over an hour fish i hit our standard walleye spot.  With old faithful providing me with two small walleyes 12" and 14".  The darkness came and fishing for the week was over.    
    • curt quesnell
      I was to Graceton a couple of times and saw the boats but never saw the fish. I really like that are but missed it this year. Bouncers in reeftops is hot as heck right now. Lemms was loaded with big biters yesterday. Good plan. I have been jigging out in the mud, more and more fish out deep every day. Good luck
    • srj
      Hey Curt, not me. But I might get over that way tomorrow as I'm coming up this afternoon. Depending on the wind, I hope to go reef hopping pulling bouncers rather than trolling. I'm curious if the big school is still sitting over east of LP, more or less in front of the Graceton cut. It was a big bunch of fish. A week or so of stable weather would sure be nice. The only  time the wind seems to blow from the same direction for more than a day is if it is somewhere out of the north.
    • curt quesnell
      Nice fish and plenty of them is what has been happening this week. Almost as many slots as keepers.  We have been jigging but pulling spinners or cranks works great too. One of the attached pics is what is showing up in the deep mud, mostly Saugers now but more Walleyes and tons more fish piling in the next few weeks. Joe Paradis from Plummer Mn out with me this morning behind the fish board and, from Thursday fishing buddy Mike Lindholm with the biggest, fattest, best looking 25 incher I have seen in a while. Having plenty of fun fishing in the wind
    • curt quesnell
      Thanks for the reports. Steve, were you at Long Point today? I saw a Stratos
    • certified jumbo
      Bugs have been brutal all summer up their.   Glad you had fun!!!
    • JBMasterAngler
      Well, we went back up there to make up for last month. There was no making up anything! Bugs were horrendous, and the fishing was slow to nonexistent. The biggest point of going back up was to fish West Bearskin and Two Island lakes, and we didn't make it to either this time around either.    We still had lots of fun. Did a lot of hiking and sightseeing, particularly on the way up and he way home. Seen a lot of things I've never seen before. Was nice to sit out by the harbor and eat Sven & Ole's. Definitely a lot more people up there in July, as opposed to June. Well, we'll be back in October. 
    • monstermoose78
      Yeah I like decoys this thread used have some on here. I will try to hit a show Thank you
    • delcecchi
      BTW the "no fish on my spots" was just a riff on Tom''s "no fish under my dock".  Sorry for any confusion.  I'm not much of a musky fisherman, so wouldn't know if there are or not, really.