Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big drift

Early Doe harvest numbers

15 posts in this topic

Has anything been released yet as to the harvest numbers for this year?

Not that I know of. I got 1 so we can start counting from there, and plan on a few more for muzzleloader.

lol, I know we took 3 in 184, I am hoping the master of numbers Mr. Lou will be able to shed some light on the subject.

I too would like to know the harvest by area of does so far. You would think he would drop everything and get back to us right away. grin.gif jk, probably won't know until early next year.

He's pretty unreliable. Here's the data to date. There's still a few paper tags out there that haven't been entered so it may climb 5% of so, depending on area.

Area Total

101 118

105 268

157 551

184 901

209 189

210 289

214 496

221 394

222 237

225 321

227 194

236 129

241 463

243 318

244 777

256 159

257 104

260 126

261 35

265 85

346 199

349 247

601 58

Total 6658

Did that meet expectations or hopes?

I think participation was really good (like 24K people or so). Meeting expectations will be answering the question of whether or not EA hunters killed an extra deer. The theory is adding deer to the regular season bag (e.g., 2 vs. 5) has little effect on overall harvest but adding another opportunity early may have an effect. Preliminary results show that to be true but I have to wait until the end of the deer season to figure it all out.

Nice buck you got this season Mr. Cornice!!! Part of the 200# club! Way ta' go! Seen your pic in the Outdoor News.

Good Luck!

Ken

I haven't seen it yet but I heard a buddy of mine sent it in. I guess after 16 consecutive antlerless deer, a guy is entitled to one buck!

And with all the work you do on our deer herd, here's hoping you get many more!

Good Luck!

Ken

p.s. you can't really be working for the DNR... your hair isn't gray yet! and it's not pulled out! grin.gif All you have to do is figure out how the state can produce 400-500,000 trophy bucks a year to keep all us deer hunters happy and you got it made! grin.gif

And what are you doing on your computer at 4:16 am?

Quote:

And what are you doing on your computer at 4:16 am?

I'm one of those people who only sleeps 5-6 hours a night. Sleeping in for me is 5am.

Quote:

All you have to do is figure out how the state can produce 400-500,000 trophy bucks a year to keep all us deer hunters happy and you got it made!
grin.gif

When I worked out West, I was whining to a colleague about the Western deer hunter (you know the type: c'mon son, let's go gas up the treestand). I told my buddy that if the Fish and Game could breed a variety of deer that woke up at 10:30 am, was deaf, ate nothing but roadside vegetation, grew 30" antlers in 1 year, and had all its vitals in its guts we'd be heroes.

LMAO

lcornice, another advocate for pickup polo(tounge in cheek wink.gif)