Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tmvikings

Metro deer zone # 601

15 posts in this topic

The Metro deer hunt zone 601 is still open for us who still have not gotten a deer, but where can you go? Does anyone have any idea’s I would love to shot a deer yet this deer with my shotgun. If anyone has a deer problem I will be the first to help out in that area just PM me. Thanks

tlmvikings@mchsi.com

I second that. If anyone has a problem, I have 2 tags to fill.......

Same here. I'll use bow or gun.

Send me an e-mail (cup_w@hotmail.com)

don't want to rain on your parade but good luck, I have been hunting night and day on private land in 601 and have not seen a deer. those critters are pushed from every direction this year. Hope you find better luck than me!!!

There are lots of spots especially if you have a bow. I stuck a buck in my first two hours of hunting this year. The rut is on, get out there.

Went out pheasant hunting today and jumped a nice at least 9 pointer. One minute later a spike and a doe. I just have to get one so I can get it out of my head. At least I shot a nice rooster, with a great point from my Britt. Okay so If anyone needs some deer gone I am the guy! tlmvikings@mchsi.com

bump

Hey! let's bump this thing one more time...Skol Vikings!!!

I will be honest with you. The 601 area has lots of deer but it will be difficult to find someone to let you hunt, especially with a firearm. Many cities will not let you hunt with firearm, and others will require you to obtain a city hunting/discharge of firearms permit. I just happen to know a few people who have land to let me hunt and trust me, the deer are there. I have killed 4 this year so far, (all by archery), 3 mature does and one decent 8-pt, the last weekend of october. Since then I have had to pass up two different mature bucks, bigger than the eight I killed. One was a 125-130 class 9-pt and the other was a 140 class 10 pt I had at less than 10 yrds from the base of my tree. As I said the deer are there, you just have to do the footwork of learning each cities requirements and then finding a place to go. My best advice is to put in some work at city halls and simply do a little checking on the internet to find who owns land and where. After that, do some simple scouting just driving around in your truck, looking for even small woodlots you can see from the road. These small spots can produce some great deer, even though it may be strange hunting within eyesight of roads and possibly even other houses. Though I wont get specific the south, southeast metro have hidden spots but as I said, you just need to put in the time and work to find them. Good luck!

since were on this topic has anyone hunted the louisville, rapids lake, and those areas for deer this year I might go hit some of this places with my bow sometime this week maybe thanksgiving. anyone have any PUBLIC places ideas where i can go. i live in eden prairie, penasoccer@yahoo.com

There are deer all over the river bottoms.

I belive the mississippi river valley wildlife refugee is open to hunting and falls in this zone?? confused.gif

dont hold me to it but its an idea to check

pintail,

What areas are you hunting? I hunt just outside of chaska and carver and am having a terrible time this year. Between the constant deer drives and the folks in town w/their feeders, the deer are not moving during daylight hours.

Louisville has good deer. I've hunted there many times. Parking gets pretty full on evenings and weekends. I usually try to hunt the weeday mornings. He's still roaming somewhere.

hmmm.... i think i went there was it during some event and it was a zoo with people but yeah there is some good areas that i looked at maybe ill have to hit it during the week