Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott K

Later and post rut questions

2 posts in this topic

I hunt in Wisconsin, this year the opener starts Nov 17th. Will the bucks still be in rut at all? If so what would you do to lure them in? Grunt, bleet, rattle, scent? Or just sit there and see what comes along. I hunt in the woods, not over looking any crops or openings.

There are alot of does in the area if that means anything? And if they arent in rut, what would you do to get them to come to you this time of year?

Rattling will sometimes still work during Mn 3B season (which coincides with Sconni opener). I haven't had a lot of success using grunts or bleats but know of two decent bucks brought in last year using a rattle bag. You should catch the tail end of the rut on 17th. Thanksgiving week is very early this year. Everything seems to be moved up a week.