Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smg04

taxidermy ?

4 posts in this topic

i've been kinda lookin around at taxidermists to mount my buck today, anybody got any recomdations of any good ones close to the roch area??, any idea on prices? i'm assuming a good shoulder mount is gonna run anywhere from $350-$500 depending upon where its done, the guy at the meet locker strongly recomended bakken taxidermy in racine, he showed me some pics and they looked really good, anybody ever had a mount from him done or seen one? just looking for some more opinions and stuff b4 i choose a place, i checked out larrys taxidermy website and they looked really good my cousin had a pheasant done there and my bro in law has a widgon from him and both are really nice, i'm planning on checking out smittys and toat one out on marion road, i 4get the name of the place, anyways let me know what u guys think, thanks

I have a buddy who does excellent big game, what is your email?

muc33, hey man thanks for the info, he was recomended to my by a few other people also, unfortunatly hes not going to be around untill later in the day 2morrow, and do to certin circumstances i have i have to have the cape droped off somewhere before noon so i wont be able to check out his mounts, one of my dads best friends had a buck mounted by him last year, i'll def keep him in mind if i ever get lucky enough to shoot a wall hanger again, thanks again man

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• gunner55
      Seen a post from last night that the front of a truck went thru at the access in Walker, so Poutfest is in doubt.
    • Chill62
      Fished this weekend around Vergas for Tuilibees and ice conditions were loking good till sunday mid day.  The public access are getting chewed up quickly and PLEASE use caution going onto a lake if you are driving.  The next 24 hours will not be friendly for our accesses and sadly if someone is going to fall through it's going to be right out in front of one.  I fished Big Pine on Sunday and found a hole that had been created 4" and I could shove the handle of my ice scoop down 24" without a problem.  It wasn't there when I parked 3-4 hours earlier.  Fishing in the area was slow but fish were very curious and chasing lures.  Saw a bunch of guys our chasing crappies and with how quickly they were moving they weren't having much luck.  We found them on big pine and they were very lathargic.  Saw them on camera and they were barely moving around.  Thought with the water running down the holes they'd be feeding like crazy and that wasn't the case.  We caught a decent amount of tuilibees nothing like last weekend but a ton of SMALL ones.  Few a bunch back down the holes.  I'll be hitting it hard this up coming weekend but I'm using a four wheeler to drive around and I'm hoping Wednesday-Friday morning is going to freeze up hard enough to make it safe.  I have 20-25 guys coming up for a pro staff get together so need to find lakes to try out and explore.   Tight Lines and PLEASE STAY SAFE!
    • Chill62
      Fished Big Pine Sunday afternoon.  Drove out Saturday and checked ice conditions and they looked great so decided Sunday was go.  Got there and set up for crappies and instantly had a nice fish and it wrapped up in the transducer and I lost him.  That was my highlight.  We set the house up to block the wind since the girlfriend was with and trying to make it fun for her.  When we tore down wow did the lake look different!  We found a hole that we could shove the hole of the ice scoop down  24" and it didn't hit anything.  It wasn't there when we started fishing!  Water was murky as heck and lots of floaters in the water.  Fish were LATHARGIC! saw them on camera and they barely moved through the water swimming around.  Usually we have our camera 4-5 feet away from the jig with perfect clarity not the case this weekend 4' away and we never found our spoon!  Coming off the ice the access was getting chewed up but was still passable.  People need to slow down!  We got passed by a pickup doing 30-35 twice!  We were taking it around 10 mph and was causing waves in the water.  Wont be driving back out until there is a good freeze for a while!
    • AlwaysFishing23
      It's worth a try. I found all mine right next to my house like a foot or less I did find some that were 6-7 feet away. Good luck!
    • Hawg
      I'm going to look too. Yard is wet and there should be a few around. Be a good time to try the shock method.