Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coach Dog

Deer Reports?

9 posts in this topic

Any deer reports from down there? I'll be heading out for the 3B hunt a week from saturday in the Rollingstone-Altura area and I can't wait. Just curious what's going on right now and to see if there will be any deer still around. There usually is, but they always tend to be a bit skittish that second season.

Thanks, Coach Dog

sunday

i shot a buck this morning right at daylight, he came in chasing a hot doe, i hit him twice before he disapered into some thick brush, 15 min later as i climed down my stand and started walking his way another much larger buck came in grunting and snorting, he was fired up and looking for a fight, at first i thought it was the buck i shot and he had doubled back on me, i poped a quick shot at him but luckly missed, as he ran out the other side of the valley i heard some rustling in the bushes and sure enough there was my buck laying in the thickest nastyst cocklebur/rasberry bush in the woods, he's a leagle 9pt, with 7 main points and 2 small sticker points near the base of one antler, cooked up the tenderloins for supper this afternoon, and man its nice to taste fresh vinison again, this is the 2nd largest buck of my life behind an 11pt i shot a few years back

2007buck002kx4.jpg

wednesday

well, i'm frickin pumped, i went out hunting this morning with my little bro and filled his tag for him, my 2nd buck of the year and hes going on the wall, hes an 8pt and buy far the biggest buck of my life, hes the biggest buck ive ever seen while hunting, this has been my best hunting season ever, my bro is happy that i shot him, he and his roomates will be eating well this winter!

2007buck005rh4.jpg

Nice deer man!

i have seen plenty of deer around, heading down to Lewiston, and then Altua today (not for hunting) but I'll do some road glassing. I'll let you know what I see. But around rochester it seems to me that there are less hunting 3A than previous years...

i would agree. i hunt 3B in way SE, but in Roch area, didn't see near as many hunters out first weekend. I actually found a couple spots to safely hunt some birds.

Happy Birthday SMG

smg i guess you posted it here too. nice deer and happy birthday

nicely done

congrats

ike

thanks guys

nice deer shawn