Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kingpin

Casting For Eyes In Shallow Water

6 posts in this topic

I have spent a fair amount of time fall fishing the Horseshoe Chain Of Lakes, which is located just southwest of St. Cloud. This time of year we have had good luck casting towards the shoreline, working shallow water with some structure.

We have the best luck working the areas by casting crankbaits with a slow retrieve. Has anyone tried this tactic on ML? Is it a waste of time trying?

When I have founs a spot of the spot by trolling and the weather isn't too windy I have stopped and worked the area over by fan casting it. I can be very effective under those circumstances.

Like Borch said, cover ground until you pattern a "spot on the spot" if you're working shoreline areas. Then casting definitely has it's place on ML. Another opportunity for shallow water casting is on rock reefs. With multiple people in the boat, 1 person can be corkin' while others are pitching big plastics or crank baits.

Yes, kingpin.

If you would like, e-mail me and I can tell ya where I have had luck doing this.

shackbash@hotmail.com

Great technique for many bodies of water in the fall including Mille to catch a real trophy. Don't forget the insulated waders. laugh.gif

King,

Did you ever get out?