Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
PT73

Leftover Oil

Question

PT73

I will have about a 1/2 gallon of HP Injector Oil remaining in the reservior at the end of the season. Do I have to get it out of there, or can I leave it and treat it with something?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Pat K

Just leave it in the reservior. No need to treat it, it doesn't degrade like formulated gas.

theoilman

No problem to leave it. Do not add anything to it.

Actually it would be better to fill the tank - there is less chance of condensation with a full tank than an empty one (that applies gasoline or oil.)

In addition, with the gas tank, treat your last tank(s) of gas with gasoline stabilizer. For storage a stabilizer is better than a general purpose additive - ie Seafoam is general purpose that helps with preserving, Stabil is designed for storage. Also AMSOIL has a stabilizer: Gasoline Stabilizer (plain direct name, but it gives up to 18 months storage protection. With any gasoline for storage, you need to have it in the gasoline before hand and run the treated gasoline through the engine and carburetor or injection system for full protection.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick
      Check out the South Central Forum, or MN Metro Forum and ask there as well as the SE MN- Rochester Forum. You may get more answers there as well.   If you could extend to three hours away Mille Lacs Lake could for sure accomodate what you are looking for.
    • JFaber
      Hello...  I am coming down to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester from Homer, Alaska on February 11-20 and would like some advice. On the afternoon of Friday the 16th  through the evening of Sunday the 18th I have the time to go fishing. I would like to go after some pike and walleye. I would like to stay in a heated shack during my time on the ice. Also some rental gear, a radio and bait might be nice. Any advice on who rents shacks within a 2+ hour drive of Rochester with good size fish? I am looking more for decent size than numbers.  Thanks JFaber  
    • eyeguy 54
      dang near 5'11 with the boots.   no prob.  30 inches of ice saturday. 
    • grundy
      OK i'm not leech but really? 14"er.. knowing your height Royce you'll probably need a stepladder to start out drilling Sorry bud I had to do it!!
    • IceHawk
      That's a pretty one! Nice fish Rick 
    • eyeguy 54
      got a 14 inch extension on the way to try out next week. should be nice not bending over so far.   no crazy comments leech!  LOL 
    • Cline
      I made it out this weekend.  Tiny crappies, but one nice size perch.  I used both wax worms and minnows.
    • nofishfisherman
      Used mine for the first time this weekend and I don't think I've ever used a better cutting auger.  Even my wife wanted to take a turn after seeing me use it and she's never used an auger of any type before.  We had maybe 18" of ice (just a guess, didn't measure it ) and I cleared the shavings a couple times with just a quick pull up at it worked slick. 
    • Chill62
      Moved house on Friday night in the dark.  Got holes drilled and let aired out.  Came back out after supper to fish for crappies.  Only small ones but had some action.  Got up early on Saturday and tried chasing tuilibee's and struck out.  Graphed a few but not a bite.  Switched back to the house around 8:30/9.  Buddies were near the house and had one crappie in the bucket.  Five of us fished till 11:30 without a crappie being bigger than 9".  Went back out after lunch fished till supper and nothing.  Came out again after supper got a 14" and 12.5" in 5 minutes and not a fish after that.  Sunday fished from 7 am till 11 nothing bigger than a 8" crappie.  Fished 3 hours Friday, 12 hours Saturday, 4.5 hours Sunday with only 2 crappies over 10".  Pretty sad but heard a ton of poor reports all over the area.
    • Rick G
      Thanks Tom. 
  • Share & Have Fun