Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PT73

Leftover Oil

3 posts in this topic

I will have about a 1/2 gallon of HP Injector Oil remaining in the reservior at the end of the season. Do I have to get it out of there, or can I leave it and treat it with something?

Thanks

Just leave it in the reservior. No need to treat it, it doesn't degrade like formulated gas.

No problem to leave it. Do not add anything to it.

Actually it would be better to fill the tank - there is less chance of condensation with a full tank than an empty one (that applies gasoline or oil.)

In addition, with the gas tank, treat your last tank(s) of gas with gasoline stabilizer. For storage a stabilizer is better than a general purpose additive - ie Seafoam is general purpose that helps with preserving, Stabil is designed for storage. Also AMSOIL has a stabilizer: Gasoline Stabilizer (plain direct name, but it gives up to 18 months storage protection. With any gasoline for storage, you need to have it in the gasoline before hand and run the treated gasoline through the engine and carburetor or injection system for full protection.