Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MIKE IN lINO III

GPR on 2002 Diesel

7 posts in this topic

I need to replace the my Glow Plug Relay switch on my 2002 F250. It has the 7.3L.

I called the dealer and they want $240 plus to do the job. I did some research on the internet and I can get one for $50 and install it myself.

Heres the question.

I looked at my engine and it looks like it goes right by the water seperator, my problem is that there is two relays that look exactly alike. Is there two of them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

No the front one is intake air heater, the rear one is the one you need to replace, it usually sits a little lower, then the intake heater relay. Easy to do 10 minute job.

I don't know the electrical specifications regarding the glow plugs but on my '85 6.9L I used a starter solenoid that I happened to have on hand. It has been working just fine for the past 6 months. I figured the contacts in the starter relay were probably rated to handle the glow plugs and so far they have. Don't know if that would work in your situation or not but thought I'd mention it.

Bob

I remember I replaced it also on my 2000 F350 when I had it, and I remember price was outrageous. I don't remember where I found it, but was after a suggestion on a Ford forum.

I wish my memory would stick with me a little longer....

So now I know where it is and a company to get them from but I ran into a snag.

I called ABC company and told them what I want and the application. He says that he is not a tech guy. He gives me a number to the manufacturer. I call and they give me another number to a different company.

I really don't think it should be this difficult.

Does anyone know where I can call to get the right one or are they all the same???? I was looking at the Stancor 586-902. I just want to make sure it is the right one.

Thanks,

Mike

If this truck isnt a cal emmisions, this is the ford part # they can cross it to theres. f81z-12b533-ac. It lists for $104.33

Thanks 4wanderingeyes.

I'm just going to get it from Gopher Electronics.$60.00 frown.gif

Mike