Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Senko

Lake Elmo

4 posts in this topic

Any1 been out fishing in Lake Elmo..? Just wandering if anyone have caught anything other then bass and notherns. Checked the DNR site and they stock trouts up in there just curious if anyone have caught a trout or walleye out of there..

Caught a couple of trout in spring on the south end in only 5-10 FOW while crappie fishing. It was the first time the kids have personally seen a trout. In summer you will see a few boats using leadcore line trolling. I have only caught panfish, bass and pike. Super clear water so you have to fish deeper than normal for even bass.

wow.. im surprised.. that lake is soo hard to fish during the summer thinkin bout checkin it out this weekend i'll give a report if all goes well..

You might want to call them and see if the dock is still in at the launch otherwise it can be tricky. If you are looking to do some Bass fishing give Lake Jane a try in Lake Elmo. It has a nice but shallow launch, but it has the best bass fishing in the area as it is catch and release only. I have been fishing it close to once a week since the spring.