• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody not going deer hunting tomorrow?

I was just wondering if everybody was deer hunting or are a few of you were going out fishing? Ill be in the boat in the morning! grin.gif

Not leaving for Bambi Land until Wednesday. I'll be on the water tomorrow late afternoon and evening with PDOGG and then guiding for a good portion of the day on Sunday.

I heard 2 shots all a.m. east of Northfield, we went 2 check the spot last night, found a scrape so I put out the camera, with a drip-bag and man did that deer get mad that sombody else was in his spot! The scrape is now the size of a car, since 5 last night, and at 10:41 he showed up on my camera, a 9er, they're nocturnal still even w/o the moon mad.gif Any advice? confused.gif

I tried deer hunting the state land in this area. It was just like an Ice Fishing Turnie. As soon as one hunter was out of site another would come into view. Nice and evenly spaced with half of them shooting at every bit of wildlife that showed up. Sorry but that just isn't hunting!

Otter, good one there as most all are out hunting and the lakes are pretty open.

French lake Kid, those bucks will stay fairly nocturnal until the does are very receptive. Then they will make there mistake if one is to be made. All one can do is hunt all day and hope he walks by or gets chased out of his bedding area.

i went out sat almost shot by anoher hunter he shot over my head and hits the deer i was after plus i was in the open so everyone could see me, then at 5pm some jerk in blaze orange walks out and i had 8 deer coming towards me when that jerk walking towards them waving his arms they took off

bunt, I guess I gotta see 1 2 shoot 1 smirk.gif

Flamefox, ah the joys of hunting public land frown.gif

3 days ago I almost hit a deer with my car on my way to work. Yesterday the car in front of me hit a deer. Either the land owners around here should learn how to shoot straight or they should let people who can shoot straight hunt there land!

Yesterday a guy from work was following a car on his way to work that hit a Deer.

I have hit 3 Deer with a car in the last 5 years!

I'm starting to think the people around here don't know how to hunt or shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good thing i may invest in a flack jacket and body armor to hunt public land form now on, good thing i have a friend who talked to his buddy that doesnt let no one hunt his land till this yr he gave me permisson to hunt it by myself no one else is allowed, all others are banned from there after someone put a slug right through the barn wall to hit his prized winning car. when i shoot deer i make dang sure whats behind the target and if i cant make the shot i dont, adrian seen me shoot he was impressed that i hardly waste shots like most people do. all my deer taken been under 20 yrds or less. deer that r more then 50 yrd or better r more likely to miss the deer from long range then short.

I think I may be heading to the Milk River for Thanksgiving. I may even get a tag for a deer.

If the rut is on, it is early this year but the new moon and rut is about right.

some of us already got our deer and will be taking advantage of the lack of people on the rivers!!

i bagged a doe this morning where u could see 300 ft in front of u, at 90 yrds south of me they burst out of the grass trying to cut by me i nailed one at 63 yrds out. a 200 lb doe, its bigger then me.

really, we hunted the Twin lakes public land for a few yrs bout5 yrs ago , managed a few deer but never witnessed what you did or the people we were the only 1's there( is that the one wit the ponds there also? if so were they frozen and did ya see any ducks, yeah that halls lake one gets beat to death early and often from pheasant-deer last yr i was comin off of halls and at the landing a hmong guy and lady were huntin for somethin in the ditches(deer was open but who knows?)

• 2 weeks later...

i am not planing to go there anymore after that inncdent, i'll stay at my friends back yrd i seen a few over there 1 10 pt buck 4 does in the group. they were 110 yrd out slightly outt of range they flew over the hill towards me and the went left and for the woods lost them