Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carpshooterdeluxe

waterfowling this weekend amongst a sea of orange?????

7 posts in this topic

anybody going waterfowling this weekend instead of deer hunting? im deer hunting next weekend and was just wondering if im the only nut thats going to be laying in goose decoys!

Never fails carpy, the ducks and geese always seem to come through when we are chasing deer hard... I've hunted ducks before on the off weekend before I started buying the all season license and hunting deer more. Its kind of scary to be all camo'ed up in the middle of a slough when a pile of guys come walk the grass around you to deer hunt.

Yep! It seems like the guys I hunt with back in MN do more duck hunting than deer. They've had some monster duck hunts during the second weekend of deer hunting season.

Dude, since I'm shooting Bambi this weekend monster duck hunts the second weekend are just the ticket!!!!!

i figure since i have to go home this weekend anyways to do some tree cutting and mowing on the home farm that i might as well try to find some mallards in a field and maybe some cacklers too. probably scout in the morning and hunt the evening just to prevent anybody from mistaking me for whatever in the early morning.

About 20 minutes before shooting time Sat a.m. 20 or big mallards dropped into a pond about 100 yards away from me. I sat and watched them nap and rest on that pond all morning... Then after lunch I drive by a pasture and there must have been 300-400 honkers sitting there sleeping. IT NEVER FAILS!

the grass was wet saturday morning so i put off mowing for a scouting trip; found some fields getting covered up in mallards and geese; even some snows with the cacklers. started knocking on doors and burning minutes on the cell; i had nine different fields turned down. ive never had that much of a problem getting on a field in this area before. for the most part nobody was home or answering the door; i attribute that to deer hunters always asking permission, etc. but i didnt even get a return phone call from the messages i left. oh well after i hopefully fill my tag this weekend maybe there will be time left over to try again.