Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
8-Ball

Stabil

7 posts in this topic

Hi- Getting ready to winterize the boat. Have some Stabil but not sure how old it is and there is no date on the bottle. Does it go bad?

I replace it when/if it gets flakes of stuff in it. Remember, if you use Stabil use it with fresh gas. Adding Stabil to old gas doesn't work.

On the back of my bottle of Stabil it says it's good for two years.

If you think you've had it longer than that, a new bottle is only a few bucks...I'd splurge and buy some new stuff grin.gif

Quote:

I replace it when/if it gets flakes of stuff in it. Remember, if you use Stabil use it with fresh gas. Adding Stabil to old gas doesn't work.

I picked up my 2 yr. old bottle to use and wondered How did that s--- get in there? Does anyone know what it is??and why it chunks up like that?? I replaced it but I'm courious!

Yeah, I guess you are right. Last of the big spenders here so I better just buy a new bottle. Thanks.. 8-Ball.

Think of it as an early X-mas gift to yourself....it's not everyday we can treat ourselves to a new bottle of Stabil!!

I bought a boat a few months back. The owner didn't use any stabilizer in the fuel and it sat all last winter. Now I have been trying to get the motor running good again. With all time time and effort I put into it, it's a lot easier and cheaper buying a bottle of stabil then what I'm having to go through.