Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drake

Around Blackduck

5 posts in this topic

Pretty decent weekend in the Blackduck area. Had just a few out fishing over the weekend and they are finding the fall bite has been pretty good with a variety of fish being caught, sunnies, walleye and a few pike. For those out hitting the woods, the grouse reports have varied from group to group. The stronger winds mid week had the grouse hanging pretty tight to the pines, and many of the hunters I talked to said that they were a little further out in the woods than they normally go but that's where they were finding them (the fourwheel activity pushed them back further from the trails), but still decent numbers coming through the cleaning shack. Just a few bow hunters up, with does coming through, haven't heard of the thirty pointer being spotted yet.

Right now looking at the forecast doesn't look like we're gong to be having snow for opener. It was in the forecast for this past Saturday, but that didn't happen, and now they have a 40% chance for Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, and a slight chance for Friday night, with the temps predicted in the mid 40's for the highs and 20's for the lows over the weekend. Good luck to everyone hunting this weekend!

Just wanted to say good luck to all hunters heading out. Looks temps in the mid 40's for the highs and 20's for the lows for the weekend, then the early part of next week 30's for the highs. Only showing a slight chance of snow showers tonight, then not again until Monday night.

I will honk when I drive by after work on Friday. I will be passing by about 5:30-6. Good luck to all of you and your guests also.

Hope everyone had a good start to hunting over the weekend. In the deer shack there's currently 13 deer hanging and had another group that left their six out, so not bad for the first couple of days. But did have one young hunter who had never gone deer hunting before and he shot a nice doe the first day out...he's now hooked!

Here is what my dad harvested over the weekend. The big one got away, but this one came in to the call the next afternoon.

dsc02565am8.th.jpg