Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LMITOUT

Anyone Still Out Fishing??

20 posts in this topic

I was on the lake all by myself this afternoon and the weather was fantastic to be out. Water level is up after the rain we had last week which makes it much nicer to load/unload the rig. I probably backed in 6' less than I did just two weeks ago to load the boat. I was surprised that the docks are still in but I'm guessing it won't be long before they're pulled. I didn't have any luck and the lake appears to have turned over as it's very dirty now.

Today was the last run for the boat and it's time to winterize and put it away for the season. frown.gif It'll be a long wait for the hard water but I'm looking forward to it again. cool.gif

You weren't on Swan, were you? We seen a fella with a white Ford P.U. only truck in the lot besides ours.

We went down and looked at the dam in Hutch...looks like it took a couple of direct hits from the big naval guns!

Then we went over and fought the crowd at the bridge on Otter, not my type of deal, but one of the crew wanted to try it.

We wound up further down the Crow and got a bunch of crappies, but no walleyes.

Might hit a lake or two on saturday for one last bass fishing day, has anyone else been out in the last few weeks.

Nope, wasn't on Swan. Might be time to put the boat away for the year.

I just back from the cabin near Ashby Mn. Tried fishing Ottertail(very slow) they pulled the docks Thursday am. Did much better Bass fishing on some of the smaller lakes up there. I'm all done till spring now.

ya i thought i was done last week monday, but i need to get out one more time before the boat goes away and the new one comes next spring.

Fish are Biting! wink.gif

Are these fish biting at the lakes, or the ones from the Crow River that glow in the dark and have a specific gravity of 13.6?

grin.gif

I'm guessing the latter.

Very good, but the lakes are doing great if you know what they want! (Minnows) Been havin a blast! grin.gif

They are still Bitin! cool.gifgrin.gif

How bout now?

Yes! I know carverfishmn and have been fishing some of his spots. Last night I caught several walleyes with 18 being the biggest. Lots of "fat" crappies also. Water temp was 37.5 last night. I personally am longer getting them on Raps, but jigs are still producing. 1 more week of the aggressive bite with the warm weather coming up.

I am going out in the AM, will update ya tomorrow nite! wink.gif

How about this out of the Crow around 12:30 this afternoon, out by Lester Prairie. 21", 3 LB Walleye, only Walleye of the day though. Might try tomorrow.

100_5520.jpg

Nice Fish! wink.gif We landed 15,kept 2,16 1/2 and 19 1/2, 24 in Northern, 14 nice Crappies and a 7-8 lb Channel Cat, not bad eh? grin.gif

In what area were you fishing, sounds like an awesome day.

Marion wink.gif

anybody been fishing the river, I fished yesterday, just looking for open water and I found a pipe draining water into the river, and I got myself some crappies, biggest was 10 1/4", got 3 in that range, the rest were somewhat smaller.

LPCRF...We were out for the last open water trip yesterday. We fished the Crow in a couple of spots with no success. The ice covered some of our go to spots and the spots we tried were just ho hum....nada.

We hit the Mississippi and tried a variety of stuff and wound up with one little rockbass that didn't even put up a fight...came in like a wet leaf....that was it, no runs, no hits, no errors!