Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
analyzer

Buck or Doe Decoy

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any experience with Decoys? Do you think they make a difference? Is Buck or Doe Better? I'm specifically asking during gun season, and assuming the rut is on.

DON'T use a decoy during the gun season, I don't have the laws in front of me at the moment but they may even be illegal during the firearms season, but even if they aren't you would be taking a risk of someone taking a shot at it and not seeing you. Even if you are on private property all it takes is one person to tresspass and take a shot. Good luck and be safe.

I met a guy in SD on a MD trip that had shot 3 P&Y WT bucks in MN with his bow the past 4 years by using a BUCK decoy, grunt call and rattle bag during the rut, only. I haven't purchased a decoy yet.

And no, it's not illegal. Just be smart and wear a lot of blaze orange while putting it out and bringing it in.

check out Clancy's article in the MN Outdoor News from this last week. He's got a great point about decoys and what to use. Check it out.

mr