Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JustinG

Full moon...Walleyes snapping???

8 posts in this topic

Well, there is a full moon tonight and it is so bright outside that I should be sitting out in the boat right now slamming some Walleyes! Anybody else have the same idea and actually get out fishing? The heck with work-I am playing hookie and going out tomorrow (Friday) to set some steel to Walleye lips! grin.gif Will post the outcome tomorrow night.

Justin

Dude! Hookey? I'm telling the board members! Kidding, of course, and as hard as I know you work to preserve and protect that golf course, I doubt anyone would have a bad word to say if you played hookey for a day. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

This time of year, doubt anyone will miss you on the course. I got too many things to be shooting to worry about fishing for at least 3 more weeks.

Well, Fishing was slow! A front came in about 4:00pm and blew me right off the lake! One snakey northern was all I could muster! Well, maybe tomorrow!

Justin

Got up early this morning and was it COLD! My rod tip and line was freezing up like I was ice fishing! Fishing was slow again...one walleye and one northern...and no other bites! I think the lake turnover is having alot to do with lousey fishing right now. Lots of junk it the water and real muddy looking. Fished all depths and all kinds of structure and was marking alot of fish on the locator, but it was deadsville. Anybody have any luck this weekend?

Justin

haven't had any luck over the past 3 days.. Fishing with different tackle and different depths.. Just a few now and them small ones..

went out to island lake tonight and caught 4 small northerns...no walleyes though. What is normally a good depth to try in late fall? I have just been fishing with big suckers on jigs out of the good old stealth 2000 paddling around wink.gif... Does anyone have any advice for spots somewhat close to the northeast public landing or other ones. Today it was a little to windy to explore to far..had waves crashing over the front of my little boat. hopefully they start biting more soon.

was on mille lacs thurs-sat nite... fishin was very slow there during the day with almost no bites.... after dark trolling cranks (mainly #12 husky jerks) was a bit better.. largest caught was 27" and one 24", caught a few between 15 and 20.. but fish were few and far between.. man was it windy out there....