Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparcebag

Archery Hunters in the area

4 posts in this topic

Hey,Anyone seein any deer,I did'nt get a lisence because of not seein many all year,I yet may cool.gif but it'll be a late season (SNOW)hunting.Also for the last few years its been too warm. I'd have to get home and cut it up right away!

Every time I have been out I have seen deer except for two times. I have only seen one buck when it was dark out and I was walking back to my truck. I know they are out there because I have seen them on my trail cam. Last Saturday I seen a fawn by herself with spots on her yet. I thought that was kind of weird. Last weekend, me and another guy went pheasant hunting and we seen a huge buck. I got my sights set on him for the rest of the season. He was at least a 12 pointer. I about tripped over my jaw when I seen him only 10 yards away. Anyone else seeing any?

I dont think the deer numbers in general are all that high in the Willmar area, lower and lower every year it seems. Based on sheds and trail cameras, I know there are some great bucks around this year though. I hope people lay off the jr.s slug season! There are gonna be some nice deer shot this year!

I too have seen deer almost every time out. My dad shot a 10 Pointer out of my stand during the first week of slug season.