Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallyhunter66

Anything hitting?

17 posts in this topic

Going out on Sat. was wondering if theres anything hitting out there? I was thinking walleyes, crappies, white bass.....etc. Any feedback would be great! ..... thanks Todd grin.gif

I went out fishing from shore last night and caught a 18 inch wally.I landed a 28 incher for an older fellow that was using minnows and a bobber.I caught mine casting a salmo #5 hornet.I was using bobber and minnows but the crappies would not leave it alone so i casted.All fish are being caught in the shallow channels connecting lakes together.The 28 incher was caught at 5 pm.The guy had #20 test line on so you know they are hungry grin.gif

I was out today.

I found a 29" Northern in 12fow.

[image]29inpikea.jpg[/image]

I spent 2hours on the water to get it and a 26" Bowfin.

We went to another lake and hit the Large Mouth Bass.

[image]17-89a.jpg[/image]

[image]17-88a.jpg[/image]

That is just 2 of 18 that Tom M. and I boated. 7 were over 17" and one was close to 20" All but one Bass were cought in less than 1.5fow! Most of them were within 10' from shore! If you got the bait in the strike zone they would, well, strike. I don't think it mattered what it was they would strike.

Look for trees in the water and shadows in the water. This time of year that means, SOUTHSIDE.

As for White Bass, look for them chasing bait fish in currant areas near deeper water late in the day 5PM till sun set. If you see a ripple on the surface throw a 2 1/2"-3" jig right into it.

Looks like you gents had a beautiful day on the water and the fish gods treated you well.

I got to go shopping and not for fun things like outdoor gear. Some days one needs to do the family scene.

Oh well, look out next week baby.

NICE WALLEYES JUST BEFORE DARK @ CANNON LAKE BRIDGE SEEN A 9.8 LB AND A 7.5 LB CAUGHT LAST THURSDAY NIGHT.

Caught bass today, too. Didn't get any over 20" and that means nothing too nice. We started walleye fishing following the rumor mill which didn't produce for us. Switched lakes. The bass weren't jumping in the boat, but we managed about 15 in 3 hours. Biggest was close to 4#. They sucked in the jigs and didn't move much... till the hookset, then they really fought. Largies on steriods this time of year.

Is the Cannon Lake Bridge the bridge seperating the two lakes or are there other bridges around there because I fished there 3-4 times this past spring and summer and only caught small bass and a large bowfin.?

went to sheilds sat. AM (1 small perch), then to madison in th PM (wife had a northern close to the boat, id say about a 10 pounder and I had the ultimate in luck! my first carp!!! id say close to 15 pounds!). im thinking about changing my name on FM to something closer to the way things have been going as of late...ie carp boy, fisherman wannabe, well you know. its not that its been totally bad, but just cant seem to find any type of pattern to catch more than 1 at any time. oh well, its still better than work!

Nice lookin' fish MD.

Quote:

NICE WALLEYES JUST BEFORE DARK @ CANNON LAKE BRIDGE SEEN A 9.8 LB AND A 7.5 LB CAUGHT LAST THURSDAY NIGHT. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH grin.gifI dont know what your talking about

YEP THATS IT. TIMING IS CRUCIAL AS IS CURRENT FLOW

LOTS OF SMALL PERSH (6IN.) SEEMS TO BE THE FOOD SOURCE

Walleyes are hitting from shore on Madison by the bridge and also Elysian from shore.

Thanks for the updates Reel Fishing and Tackle.

A 15lb fish is a 15lb fish. I don't see a bit of bad luck there. Good job at getting it to the boat. Carp have a fight in them that few fish can match. Not great speed but alot of power. I would rather catch a 15lb carp than 18" Walleye. I would throw both back also.

Why, thank you TO.

Went out on Sunday from 7 til about 3 starting at the Cannon Lake bridge where i caught one small perch and missed a great hit thinking i was stuck on another rock...then went to Tetonka and got skunked and finally had a little action in the channel in Waterville under the bridge got a couple nice bass and a walleye...wondering if anyone else had any good luck this weekend?

Quote:

A 15lb fish is a 15lb fish. I don't see a bit of bad luck there. Good job at getting it to the boat. Carp have a fight in them that few fish can match. Not great speed but alot of power. I would rather catch a 15lb carp than 18" Walleye. I would throw both back also.

Well said Muddog.. the only thing I can say about that is, I would rather catch a 15lb walleye then a 15 lb carp smirk.gif