Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Scott K

Sylvania silverstar ultra headlights

Scott K

I have heard good things about these headlight bulbs, good bright white light, I was just going to pick some up this weekend and try them, have any of you tried these and what do you think of them?

DEADhead

I had them in my last pickup ('97 f250 HD). the overhead highway signs would light up on the freeway with these bad boys from over a mile away. pretty bright. my expedition has the newer reflective style headlamps, so I haven't really felt the need to upgrade the bulbs, especially with the auxiliary driving lights.

IMO, a pretty cheap investment for a lighting upgrade.

Jeremy airjer W

You may want to check the wattage rating for the silverstars verses the o.e. bulb. I have run into a few vehicles that the replacements have been a little to much and burnt up connectors and pigtails. Just something to consider.

polarsusd81

I have run silverstar headlights in my car and decided to switch back to regular bulbs. The silverstars don't seem to be very durable, meaning they burnt out quite often in my experience with them. The same problems for me in two different vehicles. They are bright as all well, but for the cost to burn out ratio, I couldn't justify them.

Whoaru99

I put them in an Eagle Vision I used to have because the early models had notoriously bad headlights.

They did make a noticeable improvement, but it wasn't huge.

In that case it was worth the money to me because the headlights were so crappy to begin with that they needed every little bit of help they could get.

hovermn

I put them in my truck last year and so far haven't had any trouble yet. The light is a bit whiter than the OEM lamps, and they seem a little brighter, but I don't think I would change a perfectly good lamp for one...like I did. My dad uses them in his Acura and loves them and suggested I pick up a set.

If these burn up, I'll probably just put the OEM's back in instead of picking up the silverstars again.

theoilman

Did you install them absolutely clean? Even the body oil from a single fingerprint will cause most of today's headlamp bulbs to develop a hot spot and have a very short life. If you do happen to touch the bulb, clean with alcohol on a plain kleenex. This should prevent the premature failures.

polarsusd81

Yeah, I even went as far as using some cotton gloves from a photo processing lab on occasions. I have switched back to OEM style bulbs and haven't had any problems with them yet. They just aren't for me I guess.

Scott K

Well I bought a set, they sure are a whiter light, I like that, I can see a little further also. I drive in the northwoods alot so if $40 can give me a few extra seconds to hit the brakes for a deer crossing the road, its well worth it to me. I hope they last for awhile, since I replaced good bulbs, but I did save my originals for spares.

DinkADunk

The light they give off is good but they don't last as long as the PIAA's. I'll stay with the PIAA's

Hookmaster

Tried some in our Honda Odyssey. They were brighter but didn't last long, maybe 4-5 months. I used a cotton rag during installation. Went back to the OEM bulb and have lasted 1 1/2 years.

Spork

I've had a set of Silverstar's installed on my car for over 3 years now. No issues with them burning out or anything. In fact, they are brighter than my OEM highbeams. Very good investment for the money.

CJH

I put them in my 98 Explorer about 1.5-2 years ago and haven't had any problems. They are brighter, so I can't complain, but they aren't as bright as Xenons if that's what you are expecting.

MrPik16

I bought a GMC Envoy and replaced the oem ones with silverstar bulbs 3 days later. I could not be more happy. Remember to wear gloves when handling if not they burn out rather quick.