Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NorthWoodsGuy

H2O - 1 GB (or bigger) SD Card

11 posts in this topic

I've read that a 512mb is the largest SD Card you can use for the Lowrance H2O GPS. The 512 is becoming harder and harder to come by.

Does anyone know if the H2O will accept the bigger cards but only use the max 512MB?

Thanks!

I just tried a 2GB card in my H20C and it only recognized 1GB of it. It did mention in the manual that at the time of printing (2005 I think) there were only 1GB SD cards or something to that effect.

Thanks Jr.

You're right - when I looked at my paper manual, it references the 1 GB like you stated. But when I was looking at the PDF manual (my first mistake) it referenced the 512 MB.

I think I'll pick up the 1 GB and give it a whirl.

Thanks again!

I have a one GB card in mine loaded with all of the MN info from Mapcreate and it works fine.

If you can find the smaller size cards you might as well same some coin. The Navionic North Chip I have that has map data for I am guessing here but it has to have at least 3000 lakes on it probably more and it is all on a 512 card.

Quote:

If you can find the smaller size cards you might as well same some coin.

1GB SD cards at Wally World are only $14.99.

Thanks for all of the input guys.

I just ordered three 1 GB cards online for $9.95 ea.

I should be set for a while! smile.gif

Quote:

I should be set for a while!
smile.gif

Northwoods, what kind of stuff takes up that much space? Do you use software for lake maps?

Where did you get the cards @ for $9.95?

Do the rules allow me to identify the site?

Quote:

Quote:

I should be set for a while!
smile.gif

Northwoods, what kind of stuff takes up that much space? Do you use software for lake maps?

It's not that I need that big of card - they are just easier to find and actually cheaper than the 512KB.