Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

RED RIVER UPDATE FOR, TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16TH...

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday, the Department of Public Works Canada (DPW) began their annual fall "draw-down" of the dam structure.

This year (like last year) they are conducting a slow, gradual draw-down which will not have any negative impact on the angling efforts that have been underway for the past few weeks. In fact, the slight increase in flow rates will only be beneficial as it will only attract more fish to migrate into the Red off Lake Winnipeg.

Yesterday's results of some friends of mine only adds merit to this as they successfully landed a 28.5, 29.5 and 31 inch HAWG's.

Sorry about the last "attempted" post, I'll admit that I'm often guilty when it pertains to "not" reading policies! blush.gif

That aside, the action on the Lower Red has been fantastic!

This past week has produced a high volumn of really huge walleye. Jigs and salties is the ticket at this time.

These patterns will remain in effect as long as the weather continues to hold. wink.gif

Man-Oh-Man, the numbers of huge walleye being caught is just insain! This bite is not one to miss by all acounts guys and galls.

I caught word of one walleye that just made me shudder to think about.....HUGE...,and there are more where that came from...that is what keeps me awake at nights..Eh.