• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Colorado Rockies

Scott M

How about the Rockies? Unprecedented run. This is what the Twins should have been doing last year, continuing that run into the postseason. I'd love to see them win the NL and knock off the overpaid BoSox, it's a push for me if the Tribe goes.

the Rockies are indeed a hot team. 21of 22 is nuts. More than week off agst a team from CLEV or BOST which will likely go 6 games or more, I think the the long layoff hurts them. I know BOS is down 2-1, but their lineup and pitching can be outta this world. I would hate to face that lineup at Coors Field. Ortiz might hit one to Loveland....

BOston in 7 agst the Tribe and in 6 agst the Rockies.

Boston is too good too fold after being down 2-1

I'am usually wrong-- so the Tribe will win!!!!

I think the Rockies can make it all the way. Maybe a little rest will be good for them. grin.gif

The rest didn't help Detroit last year I still remember all there pitching defensive errors.

Congratulations to the Rockies, impressive to say the least..

I was in Cleveland this weekend watching my Brownies beat the Dolphins and Cleveland pennant fever is everywhere. Saturday night at the Jake they showed the game on the big screen and there were about 14,000 to watch that last game in Boston. My Dad and two brothers bought Indian caps from street vendor for $15 a pop, I asked my brother why did you buy the the hats when were all St. Louis Cardinal fans??? My brother told me when they head back home to Massachusetts afterv the Browns game there going to wear the Indian hats proudly when the walk into Jay's a local Red Sox watering hole in Pittsfield, MA grin.gifblush.gifsmile.gif

Mud,

I am right there with ya man. I did not pick the Rockies but I did say that this series was ripe for an upset. I am thinking the same thing, they are out of their minds right now, like butta, they are on a roll! But the layoff will be huge and I like the Tribe to close out the Carmine's and go into the series on a huge rush that the Rockies will never get back. I like the Tribe in 5, maybe 6.

Windy

I was glad to see the Rockies advance to the WS. The player I was happy to see finally make it to the big show is Todd Helton. This guy has been on so many bad Rockies teams and you never heard a thing from him, he is a classy guy in my book.

Hey Windy-

I have 30 days and counting till I go to Sin City, can't wait to plop down at a 3 card poker table and win some cash while drinking some beer.

Wild,

3 Card Poker?

Come on man, step up to the big leagues and hit the Texas Hold Em tables, especially in Lost Wages. There is nothing like hitting Fremont street and playing some Hold Em at Binions where poker was made famous. There are tons more card rooms that are much nicer, Mirage, Bellagio etc but the history just oozes out at Binions. Probably my favorite room in the world. I just picture Doyle Brunson, Amarillo Slim and Johnny Moss sitting at a table with a glass of whisky and a stack of High Society chips in front of them. Good luck and have a good time. Hit the buffet at Mandalay Bay and Planet Hollywood if you are looking for some good grub in the mid twenty dollar price range. Bump it up to the Bellagio buffet if you have a few extra scheckles in your pocket.

Windy

The layoff is not going to hurt anything it will probably will help them, I'll be rooting for Cleveland in the series but destiny says the Rockies...

Pretty sure the white sox had a layoff in there title run.

I will be rooting for Cleveland to win if they advance against the Rockies. Did you guys know that if Cleveland wins the WS every player in that division get a bonus check. If the Indians win the Twins players will get a $30,000 bonus, I found this out from Grandpa Mauer when I was with him a few weeks back watching the Indian's in the ALDS.

Wild,

You know what that means then, the dreaded White Sox will get the checks also!!! LOL Have a good time in Sin City man.

Windy

Wild,

And the Kitties get $40,000? Sounds like a sweet deal for a bunch of teams who beat each others brains out for 162 games. I still think this is the best division in baseball, bar none!

Windy

I have been lucky enough to take in a game at Coors field,it will be a lovely venue for the 'Fall Classic'

GO Rockies!!! cool.gif

Don't forget, too, that whenever a team plays in Minnesota, or any other state that has income tax, the players have to pay income tax for the days they are here. I'd hate to have to keep track of all their bonuses, taxes, income, etc. But I am sure it pays well

Rox are awesome. I went out to Coors Field in Denver to watch a couple games in June. I was reading the Rockies Magazine, and there was an article in it which mentioned Garret Atkins, and he said it's weird in the locker room, because he's the only player on the team that doesn't hunt. He said that "hunting" is all they talk about in the locker room.

Go Rockies!!!

I'am sure Manny Corpas and Ubaldo Jimenzez hunt MuskOx in the Yukon. Come on. The only thing being hunted in this WS is rockies hitters by Beckett and Papelbon. Rockies are hot--- but their liscense is revoked by the arms and bats of the RED.