Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deitz Dittrich

Hoyt Shooters/Side mount STS?

8 posts in this topic

Anybody out there put the new STS side mount system on their hoyt?... I am thinking I want to do this, but always nice to hear from someone who has done it that it works like it says?

DD, I haven't seen the side mount- what's the scoop with that. I had an STS on my '05 Protech, but that was the original STS- mounted in the front just behind the stabilizer. How's the sidemount work?

Scooter--I think its pretty much the same system... But I wasn't interested in mounting off the front... Many of the STS systems are now rear mounted as new bows have a bushing for STS systems now... My bow being a 2005 model doesnt have the extra bushing... STS is now making a system for 2007 that mounts on bows like mine that uses one of the holes and mounts off the side of the bow.

scoots- do a google search for side mount STS and you will see what I am talking about.

Gotcha- I see. Mine mounted in front. Looks to be about the same deal though. Sorry, I'm no help in answering your question though.

?? So what do this thing help you with? Curious

Eye- string vibration... supposedly it quiets your bow quite a bit...

Sure made a difference on my last couple bows. Both were good without, but great with the STS.

ok thanks, I've never seen one of those. my bow is nice and quiet.