Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyedude

Mankato Area

8 posts in this topic

I am a college student. and i just really need to do some fishng. so i was wondering if there is anywhere i can get out and do some shore fishing around me?

I was also wondering what some good hardwater lakes in the area are.

thanks!

I am a college student also with out a boat. There are many spots on the rivers like parks. or in a week or two the fish will be in shallow and should be able to be taken form shore on most lakes (washington, madison, duck, crystal exc.). I try to get out ice fishing alot because it levels the playing field as long as you have good legs. There are many oppertunities for good fishing if you are willing to work for them.

Madison is giving up walleyes from shore. I fished from shore last night and watched a guy using rapalas pull in two walleyes. Unfortunately, it wasn't me or my buddy. But it was still a beautiful night for shore fishing.

Shore fishing or did you wade out a little bit?

Thanks for the update.

From shore. I saw one person wade out but most were fishing from the shore.

The new tub is in. The new surround is in. The new pluming is done. The boat never left the driveway mad.gif. Well at least my wife is happy. No she couldn't wait for thin ice. It was a weekend in H E dubble hockey sticks frown.gif.

I am going to school at MSU as well, I have been shore fishing for a few weekends with some buddies and having a real good time. Rapallas seem to be doing the trick, that's for sure!