Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UncleKes

Bait Shop near Hudson

7 posts in this topic

I plan on taking a week off and going over to Hudson on the 19th. Is there a decent Bait Shop nearby. I have been using a Holiday Gas Station in Hudson for crying out loud. They stock a few measly suckers and extremely smal fatheads but I would like a bit more variety? Should I try the Gander Mountain just off 94 on the way over?? I have heard that Beanies carries bait (but never stopped there)?? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

beanies

Like your holiday, beanies carries very small fatheads and even smaller crappie minnows.

Gander just isn't that friendly to get to with the lights, but they would have the best selection. I really like the folks at Beanies so I try and give them most of my business. Of course I usually launch there so it is the most convienent for me. Good luck on your week off. I have just not been able to produce the last few weeks.

There is also a bait shop in stillwater(jimmys), you could take 36 to stillwater and drive right to it. There is a public launch of the north side of stillwater that is decent.

Rosspi! Thanks for the info. Jimmy's it will be. It just happens that I will be fishing North of Stillwater near the Railroad Bridge, and as far North as Osceola. I have driven by the bait shop but I forgot all about it. I found their website and have bookmarked it. Once again thanks!

Does anyone know if I have to pull in for an inspection as far North as Osceola. I seem to remember reading or hearing somewhere or other that they are trying to prevent Zebra Mussels of some such exotic and you have to pull in for a boat inspection??

You can not go any farther upstream than the high bridge. You can drop in above, but once you go South of the high bridge, technically you can not go back. Only the locals that live on the water can. I used to get an inspection pass, and go from the boom site launch and head North. The laws changed around 1996, so now you can't.

Another item is next year they are going to enforce some strict camping rules above the high bridge, which I have questioned, since very few people camp on that stretch. It is a world of laws now. Arghhh!